Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA changed the time of my flight - can I pick different flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold

Hi,
one flight from my itinerary were changed yesterday and it is more than 14 days before the flight itself (it is the inbound leg, so the outbound is less than 14 days, but i guess it does not matter).
The time of the flight were changed for 50 minutes earlier than original schedule. Do I have any rights to pick a different flight on the same day without paying the fare difference?
The 30 mins does not really matter I am just seeking options if something similar happen in the future.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Sorry, but no. You are only entitled to a free change if the flight time moves by 4 hours or more.
casey89 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It used to be the case that any time change gave you some ability to change. This has recently been amended though, so only a time change of 2 hours or more will then allow a free change.

See this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34341170-post3755.html
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Or 60 mins change on AA internal flight ( incl BA codeshares) ? But definitely a growing reluctance to make changes, imho
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Or 60 mins change on AA internal flight ( incl BA codeshares) ? But definitely a growing reluctance to make changes, imho
i assume that’s an aa policy?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK policy of >15min is fare more generous.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by casey89
Hi,
one flight from my itinerary were changed yesterday and it is more than 14 days before the flight itself (it is the inbound leg, so the outbound is less than 14 days, but i guess it does not matter).
The time of the flight were changed for 50 minutes earlier than original schedule. Do I have any rights to pick a different flight on the same day without paying the fare difference?
The 30 mins does not really matter I am just seeking options if something similar happen in the future.
Was it a time change (same flight number) or a cancellation (new flight number)?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Well this new policy is a right pain. I was waiting for a schedule change for a November flight to AGP when they finalise the winter timetable and then extend for 2 days for free. Just gone online and burnt £159 instead incase it goes up anymore.

Also booked a trip earlier today hoping to get a free change when they update the Winter schedules. Luckily as it’s a day trip it will be covered when I get a schedule change.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
Was it a time change (same flight number) or a cancellation (new flight number)?
Hi, BA have also done this to me. Flying to Mexico indirect from the UK in October, they have changed my flight from LHR - MIA and then CUN getting in at 20:20 to LHR - DFW then CUN getting in at 21:45. This is a new flight number and I don't wish to accept as I don't want to be getting into CUN so late (for me and my son) I cannot get through to BA and just hoping I do not have to accept the flights.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Vegastraveler73
This is a new flight number
If you have a new flight number, I think that means your previous flight or itinerary has changed or been cancelled?

If your original flight or itinerary has changed and they're proposing a different flight, I believe you're within your rights for a cash refund?
Vegastraveler73 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman
If you have a new flight number, I think that means your previous flight or itinerary has changed or been cancelled?

If your original flight or itinerary has changed and they're proposing a different flight, I believe you're within your rights for a cash refund?
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.