Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Happy customer - BA2762 LGW-AMS - 22 June 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

I’m the sort of person who tends to post when things go wrong, so I thought I should post to say thank you and recognise great service. I’ve submitted a golden ticket online for the member of cabin crew most involved.

I was in economy on a hand baggage only fare today from Gatwick to Amsterdam. I’m lucky enough to have had my gold status extended several times so I benefited from those perks.

From start to finish my journey was delightful. Nothing to do with BA but, despite the strike, train travel to Gatwick was on time and painless.

Premium security was super efficient. I must have waited maybe 1 minute to be slipped into the queue. No member of staff shouted at me

The First Lounge was well stocked and relaxing. Fantastic views of the airfield. Lots of work done and lots of champagne drunk.

There was a short delay to boarding but it was orderly, using priority groups.

I had pre-selected an emergency exit row seat and had the other two seats in the row empty.

Before take off, a member of cabin crew from the rear galley approached me, welcomed me personally, offered me a bottle of water and a snack and asked if I’d like a drink after takeoff. Naturally I said “yes please” and champagne was delivered discreetly minutes after wheels up. I also asked for a cushion and two were produced immediately.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a better BA flight, perhaps even in First 😱
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Sounds lovely experience but unfortunately it’s very rare nowadays. Currently sitting in T3 waiting for my delayed flight as per usual.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Sounds lovely experience but unfortunately it’s very rare nowadays. Currently sitting in T3 waiting for my delayed flight as per usual.
Hopefully you're working your way through the CX lounge menu
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Mekko
Hopefully you're working your way through the CX lounge menu
I did but it’s closed now :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.