FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   GVA Fast Track access for guests, with Silver/OW Sapphire (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2083785-gva-fast-track-access-guests-silver-ow-sapphire.html)

GCab Jun 20, 2022 1:18 pm

GVA Fast Track access for guests, with Silver/OW Sapphire

So I'm sure this is a well-worn path (apols if missed on Search) but is there any way at all to work around the automatic gate issue at GVA?

My wife is never more than Bronze and I usually maintain Silver, but we ski every year and there is never any way to get her into Fast Track security with me on the way back through GVA (which for marital harmony reasons means I can't use it either) as it's electronically gated with no human presence, so there is no way to register that she is travelling with me.

We managed it once, but only as travelling with a friend who had Gold who passed her phone back to be re-scanned (I've never tried this myself - does it work with Silver too or is this some kind of extra perk? I guess the logical thing is to try it ourselves, but next trip not till next year so it's a long timescale for trial and error).

I know premium entitlements vary across airports and contracts, but if Silvers get Fast Track access at all, then I assume guest entitlements should also apply, so this seems like purely a matter of GVA costcutting and not paying human gate staff who can allow guests to tailgate the cardholder. This is annoying although gives me something to needle the wife about (ironically, she is Swiss).

But in practical terms, what is the answer, other than both of us queuing in standard (a drag, in ski season)? Does the "scan, walk through and pass phone back to partner/guest" method work consistently, for the pre-Security e-barriers?

PETER01 Jun 20, 2022 1:43 pm

I don't think Silvers get fast track at all airports and as you say it varies.

I believe it's only an actual published benefit for LHR, LGW and JFK.

See this thread but here's what it says re GVA. Perhaps a regular can give an accurate update.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...arding-24.html

I've no idea if that works but this is from the Fast Track Thread (See the Wiki)

GVA - Geneva Boarding: Boarding:
Yes. Security: Yes (requires scanning of BP - no non-status guests in Y. If status in Y, or CE on BACF, you'll need a BP printed at the check-in counter; app and home-printed BPs do not currently work).

Pete

jerry a. laska Jun 20, 2022 1:44 pm

One answer would be to get your wife up to silver. Considering that silver can be achieved with 450 TPs until 31DEC22, can she (or the both of you) work in a holiday or a couple flights before then?

scottishpoet Jun 20, 2022 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 34353273)
One answer would be to get your wife up to silver. Considering that silver can be achieved with 450 TPs until 31DEC22, can she (or the both of you) work in a holiday or a couple flights before then?

if the ops tp end date us in 2023 then yes they have until dec 31 to get to 450tp and 4 qualifying flights.

If their tp end date is prior to dec 31 then they, while they have 2 opportunities to get 450 tps which may be more difficult to achieve

RichieMc Jun 20, 2022 3:16 pm

You can also just buy fast track at GVA. You have to do it ahead of time though. Not available on day of departure.

PGberkshire Jun 20, 2022 3:32 pm

You really shouldn't be re-scan / share boarding passes. Not sure how this works, but it is not the right approach.

henrus Jun 20, 2022 8:39 pm

Does OWS even get fast track in Geneva?

Concerto Jun 21, 2022 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc (Post 34353543)
You can also just buy fast track at GVA. You have to do it ahead of time though. Not available on day of departure.

Yes, it's only around 10 francs. I've done it many times during weekends in the winter ski season, or the Geneva motor show (salon de l'auto).

scottishpoet Jun 21, 2022 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by henrus (Post 34354215)
Does OWS even get fast track in Geneva?

Yes...
[size=16px]GVA- Geneva Boarding: Boarding: [/size][size=16px]Yes[/size][size=16px]. Security: [/size][size=16px]Yes[/size][size=16px] (requires scanning of BP - no non-status guests in Y. If status in Y, or CE on BACF, you'll need a BP printed at the check-in counter; app and home-printed BPs do not currently work)[/size]

enelym1978 Jun 22, 2022 1:40 am

I second all the ones who said to buy the fast track pass. Easy, worry-less, cheap enough. No brainer here, rather than trial and errors. It's perfect for Friday departures or holidays/special event days.
Here is the link https://www.gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers.../Priority-Lane
Dont' worry too much about the entry time, it's just for their stats. Never had an issue.