265 Points to Retain Gold Ex Dublin

Old Jun 20, 22, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI Concierge, BAEC Gold, Star Allaince Gold, KLM Silver, ITA Airways Premium, Hilton Gold,
265 Points to Retain Gold Ex Dublin

Hi,
Tier points collection year ends 8th of September and still 265 short. Lots of J Class long-haul international travel coming up but all with Star Alliance Metal as One World 2x the price to NZ and Middle East., Any suggestions on a cheap mileage run ex Dublin or can also do a positioning flight in EU.

many thanks!
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:33 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Here you go

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

prices are crazy right now, so if you are not actually flying BA/OW much - Silver might do it for you.
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:38 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JPMDUBLIN View Post
Hi,
Tier points collection year ends 8th of September and still 265 short. Lots of J Class long-haul international travel coming up but all with Star Alliance Metal as One World 2x the price to NZ and Middle East., Any suggestions on a cheap mileage run ex Dublin or can also do a positioning flight in EU.

many thanks!
I thought that Gold with year ends up to September had been protected for another 12 months.
Old Jun 20, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold EY Silver EK Silver
Going to a 80 point destination in CE from DUB (KEF, IST, ATH etc.) would get you most of the way there with maybe an additional DUB-LON in economy for the additional 15 points.
Old Jun 20, 22, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI Concierge, BAEC Gold, Star Allaince Gold, KLM Silver, ITA Airways Premium, Hilton Gold,
Thanks, That's all i could see as well apart from Iberia to Madrid.
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by JPMDUBLIN View Post
Hi,

many thanks!
Sorry for the basic question (and which is unrelated to your post) but what does "ex Dublin" mean here? I always thought it meant to exclude that airport e.g. ex LHR would be to avoid the premium on flights out of heathrow and you'd depart from a diff airport. In this instance though seems like you want flights out of Dublin?
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by 12d121 View Post
Sorry for the basic question (and which is unrelated to your post) but what does "ex Dublin" mean here? I always thought it meant to exclude that airport e.g. ex LHR would be to avoid the premium on flights out of heathrow and you'd depart from a diff airport. In this instance though seems like you want flights out of Dublin?
I think it's ts always been referred to as ex-XXX, certainly in my time here, if its been a European point of origin and there's a reference to it here too.

BA Forum Glossary
12d121 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
I think it's ts always been referred to as ex-XXX, certainly in my time here, if its been a European point of origin and there's a reference to it here too.

BA Forum Glossary
Thank you, that's very helpful!
PETER01 likes this.

Search this Thread