Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How set is the a380 & a350 schedule for summer?

Old Jun 20, 22, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking a LHR-SFO, LAX-LHR return for the summer; I can see that the a380 is slated to operate one of the daily flights SFO flights, and the a350 does one LAX flight. Does anyone know how set in stone the aircraft scheduling for the summer is? The a380 & a350 flights are slightly more expensive and the other timed flights would be more convenient for me, but it's been so long since I've been on an a380 that I'd love to take it, and it'd be my first time on an a350.

I understand that aircraft types are always subject to change and never guaranteed, but just wondered what my odds would be. Thanks for any insight!
Old Jun 20, 22, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC
If those are the listed aircraft types, the most likely outcome is that those will be the ones that actually operate those routes. I think sometimes people overemphasise the disclaimer that the aircraft you book is subject to change. (Maybe we just have a lot of lawyers on this forum!!) I know people have been disappointed to have booked new Club Suites and gotten the old product. Obviously it is true and equipment swaps do happen for a number of reasons. But the schedules are not just made at random. I probably did like 12 long haul trips since pandemic started and canít remember any equipment swap or surprise seat change.

Some planes are more prone to get switched than others. I have a couple of 787-10 flights later this year and Iíd be surprised if at least one didnít get swapped out given the FAA delivery ban.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
If those are the listed aircraft types, the most likely outcome is that those will be the ones that actually operate those routes. I think sometimes people overemphasise the disclaimer that the aircraft you book is subject to change. (Maybe we just have a lot of lawyers on this forum!!) I know people have been disappointed to have booked new Club Suites and gotten the old product. Obviously it is true and equipment swaps do happen for a number of reasons. But the schedules are not just made at random. I probably did like 12 long haul trips since pandemic started and canít remember any equipment swap or surprise seat change.

Some planes are more prone to get switched than others. I have a couple of 787-10 flights later this year and Iíd be surprised if at least one didnít get swapped out given the FAA delivery ban.
Great to know - thank you! I think I'll chance it
Old Jun 20, 22, 11:21 am

The A380s have been having horrible delays this summer. Lots of technical issues probably from disuse during Covid. My flight from Dulles on Friday on an A380 was wonderful and only 17 minutes late but delays of 2-4 hours have been common. See threads here on A380 water feature and delayed Vancouver flights more info.
Berrisfo likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’d say the A380 is likely to remain, on SFO. As it’s more complex chopping these around, unlike the various versions or 777 which get changed. A350 I’m surprised on LAX as it’s a huge F reduction across the flights daily.
Berrisfo likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post

I know I would be disappointed to have booked Club World and gotten the Club Suites.
Berrisfo likes this.

Search this Thread