Search

LHR arrival lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by IFE Wizard
I have been flying in and out of T5 on a very regular basis since it opened. However, as I live close to LHR, I have never been in the arrivals lounge. On my next trip through T5 I intend to visit the lounge and check out the service.

Just one problem, where is the Arivals Lounge??
hi

It is landside about midway along the terminal.and up 1 floor by the lift . It is well signposted also.

Regards

Tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

It is landside about midway along the terminal.and up 1 floor by the lift . It is well signposted also.

Regards

Tbs
Resident LHR expert!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lsquare
Resident LHR expert!
Hi

Ha I wish

Likewise as I have either been connecting to Edinburgh or overnighting in London after a pm arrival I have never used the t5 arrivals lounge. And the only time I was going to use it I'm march it was closed due to covid testing regulations

Regards

tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:10 am

Sorry, I am a bit confused (doesn’t take much), we will be arriving in T5 in September travelling in F and plan to go to the arrivals lounge as we know we will have entry. I thought that there was no alcohol but that there was sit down dining but it seems from this thread that I have got it the wrong way round and there is just order at your table but there is alcohol? Previously we have gone straight home from the flight but now we have moved and have a long drive Mr S wants breakfast, coffee and a shower before we set off.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Soupey202
Sorry, I am a bit confused (doesn’t take much), we will be arriving in T5 in September travelling in F and plan to go to the arrivals lounge as we know we will have entry. I thought that there was no alcohol but that there was sit down dining but it seems from this thread that I have got it the wrong way round and there is just order at your table but there is alcohol? Previously we have gone straight home from the flight but now we have moved and have a long drive Mr S wants breakfast, coffee and a shower before we set off.
Yes. For some reason I always thought there was no alcohol either but that it wrong.

Arrivals lounge seems to be still on QR codes for breakfast ordering, although there should be things like pastries which are laid out to help yourself. Also if you are arriving in BA F you will have access to the Concorde breakfast room and this is a full service area where someone will take your orders and bring you food & drink.
Soupey202 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
From memory when I was there a few weeks ago there were pastries out and the coffee machines were on, all other food to be ordered via QR Code, but it arrived quickly.

One other change is no more Harrogate water, there's a Brita dispenser that will do still or sparking water.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:36 am

Thank you, I didn’t realise there was a separate concorde breakfast room I assumed it was just one arrivals lounge. We look forward to trying it in a few weeks.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

Regards

Tbs
Thanks for that information. It's up one floor, that's why I have never seen it.

I look forward to trying it out on my next trip.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by KARFA
Also if you are arriving in BA F you will have access to the Concorde breakfast room and this is a full service area where someone will take your orders and bring you food & drink.
CCR Arrivals Lounge Menu from Wed:

The main lounge also had a freezer witha bunch of Jude’s ice cream - which I didnt fancy at that time of the morning but I can see them being popular:

aks120
Jimmie76 and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:43 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Quick Question;

We land ~11am tomorrow morning and have one checked bag. Would love to make to the arrivals lounge for CCR breakfast, but know it ends at noon.
1) does arrivals CCR have a lunch menu after noon? Given its name "CC Breakfast Room", I'm assuming not...
2) are the LHR T5 international arrival luggage carousels Airside? Ideally, we would just go straight to the lounge and head back down to get our bags after. My assumption is T5 luggage carousels for international arrivals are airside.

I have not flown through LHR with checked bags in some time and cant remember....

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
No lunch menu as far as I am aware.

You will need to pick up your luggage before going to the Arrivals lounge as it is beyond customs.

Regards

aks120
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1) yes it’s breakfast only

2) yes baggage is airside so you will have to collect that first before going landside to the arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
There will be sandwiches available in the main lounge until closing though.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:56 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aks120
No lunch menu as far as I am aware.

You will need to pick up your luggage before going to the Arrivals lounge as it is beyond customs.

Regards

aks120
Originally Posted by KARFA
1) yes it’s breakfast only

2) yes baggage is airside so you will have to collect that first before going landside to the arrivals lounge.
Originally Posted by S_W_S
There will be sandwiches available in the main lounge until closing though.
Confirmed all suspicions.
Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Soupey202
Thank you, I didn’t realise there was a separate concorde breakfast room I assumed it was just one arrivals lounge. We look forward to trying it in a few weeks.
Yes, you will see inside there is a glass fronted room with Concorde Breakfast Room written on it. I took this picture through the glass a couple of weeks ago as I wasn't one of the anointed few arriving off a First Class flight.

Also, if you have a lot of time to spare (and sometimes, it may be worth making time), you can have a bath in one of the Cabanas. There is also a shower fixture there, so you could always ask for a Cabana at any rate and just shower in the bath.

The bath does take a long time to fill, hence "if you have a lot of time to spare". So worth it though

Also, for those thinking about visiting, here is the food menu from two weeks ago as displayed in the app. There really are plenty of choices.

I imagine anyone would find something they wanted!

How did I have all of this handy? Well I wrote a review for the blog recently and all of the above, plus a few more pictures are there if you want to have a look.

https://travelupdate.com/ba-arrivals...e-review-bath/

Hope this was helpful! My overall view is, if you have time, you're mad not to pop in to the Arrivals Lounge. It's pleasant all round.
aks120, lsquare, KARFA and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.