Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uploading Covid vaccine e-docs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Uploading Covid vaccine e-docs

Hi. I did post this question on the appropriate thread but didn't get any reply.

I'm flying to Portugal soon. Do I still have to upload my Covid vaccine passport via edocs before I can check-in online? If so, how far in advance can this be done? There's nothing else to upload these days so may as well get it done, if possible. Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:37 am

I'm pretty sure you don't need to upload any documents for Portugal so you'll be able to check in T-24 as normal.

That's been the case with me anyway on a few other EU flights I've had recently.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Ok, thank you. I didn't know that.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think it depends, BA still seems to want jab certificates and the declaration uploaded for Netherlands.

At a guess, looking at their rules I think you will still need to upload a jab certificate for Portugal. The link to do this should appear on your MMB a few days before the trip, just follow the instructions and upload the document. It should get approved within a few hours and then OLCI will be open as normal at 24 hours.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think it depends, BA still seems to want jab certificates and the declaration uploaded for Netherlands.

At a guess, looking at their rules I think you will still need to upload a jab certificate for Portugal. The link to do this should appear on your MMB a few days before the trip, just follow the instructions and upload the document. It should get approved within a few hours and then OLCI will be open as normal at 24 hours.
Thanks. Will I still receive an email asking me to upload?
​​
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Thanks. Will I still receive an email asking me to upload?
​​
i can't remember if i did tbh - probably yes. but just check mmb maybe 3 days before the flight if not.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:37 am
Original Poster

i can't remember if i did tbh - probably yes. but just check mmb maybe 3 days before the flight if not.
Thanks. Will do.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

So I noticed today on MMB that I could upload my Covid vaccine status. I uploaded my nhs document, but the e-docs service asked me to upload a negative Covid test certificate, which you don't need for Portugal. I was forced to tick the box saying that I'm exempt otherwise you couldn't submit the page. The form then asked why you're exempt, so I just typed that it's not required for FAO. Documents were submitted and I received the standard tracking number email. I then get an email not long after saying that my documents have been verified, but then another email 10 mins later stating that my documents can't be verified and I have to checkin at the airport. How confusing. Any ideas what is going on? Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:43 pm

Sounds like they haven't got the requirements correctly in the system. I wouldn't worry, it just means you have to check in at the airport.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like they haven't got the requirements correctly in the system. I wouldn't worry, it just means you have to check in at the airport.
Yes it seems so. I don't know why I'm surprised. I sort of expect problems these days, unfortunately.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:46 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
As requested we uploaded our NHS Covid passes tonight and ticked to confirm the details but the system wouldn't process either application. So it means we just take up the time of the check in clerk tomorrow.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:17 am

We encountered the same problem recently flying to Amsterdam, we should have been both exempt so we ticked the box and explained why but BA wasn't having any of it... so just ended up giving them the documents which was a bit of a faff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.