Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing tier points from return leg of May flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan & BA Avios

Have tried reaching out to BA several times. Important leg (SFO --> LHR in business) so want to make sure I get the tier points for it. When I claim missing miles on Avios I get an error saying "Please check you entered the correct ticket number."... bizarre.

Any suggestions? The flight was May 27th, and I've verified the ticket number. I received tier points for the outbound leg.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by kilojoel
Have tried reaching out to BA several times. Important leg (SFO --> LHR in business) so want to make sure I get the tier points for it. When I claim missing miles on Avios I get an error saying "Please check you entered the correct ticket number."... bizarre.

Any suggestions? The flight was May 27th, and I've verified the ticket number. I received tier points for the outbound leg.
First thing to try is the chat function on BA.com. Some people are reporting success using that channel
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
There has been a bug with entering your ticket number to claim missing miles for quite a few months, but as usual, nothing gets done about it.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by wb1969
There has been a bug with entering your ticket number to claim missing miles for quite a few months, but as usual, nothing gets done about it.
And there's an enhancement on the form where you can upload evidence. I tried to claim missing TP's, got told my 125 ticket number was invalid, tried another form where I could attach a screenshot of the ticket number and the boarding pass but that doesn't actually allow you to attach anything. If you submit it without any attachment, you get no case reference and no acknowledgement email, indicating it goes into 'la la la we can't hear you' delete bin.

In the end, I raised a formal complaint and the missing points were added after about 10 days.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
A...
In the end, I raised a formal complaint and the missing points were added after about 10 days.
I think it would be helpful to the OP if you stated which channel you used to "raise the formal complaint".

I have been going through a similar situation where the outbound posted (partner airline) but the return did not. After a month I called the Executive club and spoke to an Avios team member who said they would put in a claim in on my behalf and was told to allow up to 30 days for the flights to post. Next day I had an email from BA saying they had researched it and posted my points! Great job BA, if only they would figure out why points aren't posting automatically.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan & BA Avios
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'll keep you posted! Classic BA.... !
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm still waiting on Avios/TPs from over a month ago. I was told it would be sorted within a week 11 days ago.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Why why why is this such a problem? Is it the same if for example you are a QFF and trying to get BA flights credited to your Qantas account?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91
Why why why is this such a problem? Is it the same if for example you are a QFF and trying to get BA flights credited to your Qantas account?
I flew on a cheap AA domestic flight, crediting my BAEC account. My TPs and Avios arrived the next day. BA just don't care.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I flew on a cheap AA domestic flight, crediting my BAEC account. My TPs and Avios arrived the next day. BA just don't care.
I had a flight from MAD-LHR. that credited the miles but not the 40 Avios. I called. It was fixed. I might add that AA have still not answered my claim for a cancelled flight on 21st May. We were downgraded and as it was a crewing issue we were entitled to Hotel accommodation except there was none left. We booked our own. I’ve had mails telling me that it is being worked on but no result. Guess who really cares less.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by worldtrav
I think it would be helpful to the OP if you stated which channel you used to "raise the formal complaint".
A Google search for "BA Complaints" returns this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...nts-and-claims

I didn't realise that BA had multiple channels by which you could raise a complaint, sorry.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I had a flight from MAD-LHR. that credited the miles but not the 40 Avios. I called. It was fixed. I might add that AA have still not answered my claim for a cancelled flight on 21st May. We were downgraded and as it was a crewing issue we were entitled to Hotel accommodation except there was none left. We booked our own. I’ve had mails telling me that it is being worked on but no result. Guess who really cares less.
I don't see how that detracts from my example of BA not caring about a known fault to be honest - I've also used various methods to contact BA to get this resolved within the month and I'm still sitting here without miles or tier points.
I only used AA as an example of how TPs/miles should be credited - if BA cared they could resolve that too.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:23 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I don't see how that detracts from my example of BA not caring about a known fault to be honest - I've also used various methods to contact BA to get this resolved within the month and I'm still sitting here without miles or tier points.
I think that there are so many fires burning that knowing which to pick to extinguish must be complicated. I have last minute cancellations issues with American and Air Canada - my neighbour has the same with Air France and his sister with KLM. What I am trying to say is that this is not a BA - unique issue. There all as bad from what I hear. I would just like BA to get its act together to deliver the flights for which it is taking people's money. That, I think, is not too much to ask.
bisonrav likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.