Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Chasing missing Avios/TP through partner airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have a few flights on Finnair that I have flown 5 weeks ago and submitted claims for just over 3 weeks ago, but still haven't been credited. I assume there isn't much I can do to chase this on BA's side, but I was wondering if there was any point in contacting Finnair? I assume that they didn't send some data to BA in the first place, which is why the flights weren't credited.

Normally I wouldn't care too much about the delay, but I will finally be hitting Gold again and I have a lot of SH trips coming up very soon where the First Wing and V class availability would come really handy.

Last edited by blueparazol; Jun 16, 2022 at 1:44 am
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is no advantage in chasing Finnair. You will never get anywhere near the back office function responsible for partner miles.

All frequent flyer programmes have their internal processes for dealing with partner miles. Be patient...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Send a private message on here to BAMissingAvios. That's probably your best bet.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA silver
I presume you went to "Claim missing Avios" on the BA webpage and submitted those Finnair flights? What do you see when you click on "Where's my BA partner claim" which is at the bottom of that page?
It should tell you the status of your claim(s). In my case, I received a REJECTION approx 3 days after submitting them but they did not notify me of the decision via email despite claiming they did. So worth checking here.

I subsequently, tried using the online chat function on BA website (via HELP tab, then Contacts & FAQs and then the small blue tag START CHAT tab on the bottom right of the screen) who was able to pull up my QR booking to see what went wrong. So have your E-ticket numbers to hand as they could not find the booking using booking reference.

Could try the above if you haven't already but if no luck then send a message to BAMissingAvios as others have suggested.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold life/ GGL and U2 plus
Last week I had an acknowledgement of a claim , then this week claim submitted but no reply and

to day this message

“The page you requested cannot be found.

Either the page is not available, or the address (URL) you have entered is incorrect.
  • If you got here by entering a page address in your browser, please verify that the
    spelling and capitalization are correct and then try reloading the page.
This page will automatically redirect you to the BA.com homepage within 5 seconds.
Alternatively, click here. “

may be the staff are all re training for cabin crew ,,!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by blueparazol
I have a few flights on Finnair that I have flown 5 weeks ago and submitted claims for just over 3 weeks ago, but still haven't been credited. I assume there isn't much I can do to chase this on BA's side, but I was wondering if there was any point in contacting Finnair? I assume that they didn't send some data to BA in the first place, which is why the flights weren't credited.

Normally I wouldn't care too much about the delay, but I will finally be hitting Gold again and I have a lot of SH trips coming up very soon where the First Wing and V class availability would come really handy.
3 weeks? It will soon be 4 months since I submitted a claim via the BA "partner claim" site, and a cash J flight from LAX-DOH, so no small change.
I will be trying to get QR help with this as I don't know what else to do.
47Aitken likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by flyingquack
I presume you went to "Claim missing Avios" on the BA webpage and submitted those Finnair flights? What do you see when you click on "Where's my BA partner claim" which is at the bottom of that page?
It should tell you the status of your claim(s). In my case, I received a REJECTION approx 3 days after submitting them but they did not notify me of the decision via email despite claiming they did. So worth checking here.

I subsequently, tried using the online chat function on BA website (via HELP tab, then Contacts & FAQs and then the small blue tag START CHAT tab on the bottom right of the screen) who was able to pull up my QR booking to see what went wrong. So have your E-ticket numbers to hand as they could not find the booking using booking reference.

Could try the above if you haven't already but if no luck then send a message to BAMissingAvios as others have suggested.
Thank you for this, I just noticed that the claim has been (incorrectly) rejected but I never received the email. Thankfully I still have the boarding card!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Flights taken in December on Alaska Airlines, have not posted to BA.

Fast approaching the six month deadline - I faxed and posted the documents. Still nothing.

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

Fast approaching the six month deadline - I faxed and posted the documents. Still nothing.

Any suggestions?
considering you have already used other routes, it may be worth trying to PM BAMissingAvios on here.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

Any suggestions?
You could try the online chat function that I suggested in the post above? I read from another post that BAMissingAvios is receiving a lot of PMs at the moment so may be a bit delayed from dealing with your query (particularly if you are close to 6 months deadline) but by all means send them a PM.
Hopefully online chat agent can sort it for you or at least tell you why it was rejected and to see if can be solved (in my case it was due to discrepancy between presence/absence of middle name in booking). Added reason is that you get the option to save the transcript at the end of online chat in case later you need to prove that you've tried to contact BA.

Good luck
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingquack
You could try the online chat function that I suggested in the post above? I read from another post that BAMissingAvios is receiving a lot of PMs at the moment so may be a bit delayed from dealing with your query (particularly if you are close to 6 months deadline) but by all means send them a PM.
Hopefully online chat agent can sort it for you or at least tell you why it was rejected and to see if can be solved (in my case it was due to discrepancy between presence/absence of middle name in booking). Added reason is that you get the option to save the transcript at the end of online chat in case later you need to prove that you've tried to contact BA.

Good luck
For anyone who was, like me, tearing my hair out wondering why I see no such tab: Try a different browser. On my Windows system, I don't see it in Firefox but it does hover over screen bottom right in Edge. Might be my pop-up settings, maybe.
flyingquack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.