Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another Ghastly BA experience! Will it ever end

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Ghastly BA experience! Will it ever end

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by binman
Flying on 4th flight in 2 weeks this time on companies dime, so slumming it in ET. NCE LHR delayed 4 hours and again no information, no news, no updates, certainly no meal vouchers, and of course no one within 100 miles who actually will admit to working for BA.

It’s grim, and they will shortly throw us out of the lounge, which is an improvement on CDG last week, when I could not get in.

Looking at the departures from LHR everything is delayed by hours, not minutes, so it must again be in meltdown again. It’s pathetic!
I want to say that switching airlines would be good but it isn't. I've split travel between BA, KLM, and Ryanair but KLM is by far the worst. Turned up at the airport on Sunday to find a cancellation that hadn't been communicated at all and was palmed off with nonsense. I was able to switch to BA but KLM is just horrible. Schiphol has collapsed compared to the London airports but KLM is in its own league for uselessness.
IntVic likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by abligh
I would disagree. The staff try hard, but it's so unpredictable I am giving up. I fly CE most of the time, and Swiss business is not only objectively better but cheaper. I am GGL with BA, and no status with Swiss, but I am switching at least by LON<->ZRH business to Swiss because, well, I can book a seat, which I can't with BA (zero availability this Sunday for instance).
You should get yourself a M&M account as it's double status points on all flights to the end of the year and you could get status pretty quickly.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
No, I think it's 50% more status miles until the end of the year. Just trying to decide whether it's worth going for Senator.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Concerto
No, I think it's 50% more status miles until the end of the year. Just trying to decide whether it's worth going for Senator.
Yeah I was travelling to LON a little too soon (here now). I will need to put a couple of TATLs on to get to any form of useful status by the end of the year I think. I may do that once I have preserved GGL.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by mmogdan
I’ve already switched quite a lot of summer short haul flying to EasyJet due to BA very high fares.

I actually prefer EZY for short haul since you can actually purchase real food onboard. The app also has useful live updates if there’s disruption.
I flew on EZY today and what a breath of fresh air. The seats are actually quite okay and also the cabin crew were super jolly and friendly. Seemed happy to be at work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.