Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No drinks run before dinner in CE these days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No drinks run before dinner in CE these days?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rich
I just want to add my experience regarding the Sofia to LHR the other day in CE. After such a good crew on the outbound, I wasn’t as optimistic when I walked on the plane. However, it was once again great. Champagne constantly topped up throughout and drink served just before dinner.

i will just add, I flew economy to Dalaman and the crew were great again. I noticed the FA had brought champagne from the front to a small group of ladies who were celebrating finally going on holiday together. That got extended to another couple who had waited 3 years for their holiday and were extremely excited for the trip. Think it made there year tbh.

To be honest all year I’ve only really had one bad crew. Hopefully I continue to get lucky
I agree, 20 or so flights this year so far. All good crews and only a couple of maintenance issues causing me any inconvenience.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
4 CE this year so far (1 to come in a few weeks). 50/50. I have now downgraded my expectations to being a good one if I actually get offered a third drink.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rich
…i will just add, I flew economy to Dalaman and the crew were great again. I noticed the FA had brought champagne from the front to a small group of ladies who were celebrating finally going on holiday together. That got extended to another couple who had waited 3 years for their holiday and were extremely excited for the trip. Think it made there year tbh.

Which, of course, is lovely.

Unless you were on the return flight in CE, and were told that there was no champagne, because it had all been drunk on the outbound flight…
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by bafan
Which, of course, is lovely.

Unless you were on the return flight in CE, and were told that there was no champagne, because it had all been drunk on the outbound flight…
Unless nobody in Club was drinking very much Champagne and there was plenty to go round...

No need to always assume the worst when crew do something nice. I'm sure they have the brains to make a fair judgement call here.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
How is it that they (BA) managed to do all this before (well, years ago, when I actually used BA), but can't now?
My guess is, you can just get away with more stuff since the pandemic. A couple of reasons: people got so used to sitting around at home for so long work now feels exhausting.

The other reason is demand. BA can't get crew. Therefore crew hold all the cards (within reason). If they can cut a few corners, they might and do. It's not about BA, it's most likely the crew as differing experiences here would come to that conclusion.

However, it was still mixed before the pandemic in my experience. You could have an amazing CE flight where you received a pre-meal drink, meal drink a top-up during the meal and even a fourth. You could fly a week later and receive a single drink.

I remember one CE flight in zone 3 where we were left with our trays long after eating. Got fed up, so went to to find the crew behind the curtain only to find one was eating a CE meal and the other crew member sitting down. No top-ups and no offer off a post-meal coffee.

Last edited by chriswiles; Jun 21, 2022 at 9:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.