Water and a Snack

Old Jun 13, 22, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Water and a Snack

Announcement on Board :

”In Euro Traveller we will be offering you a bottle of water and a snack “

The snack on my last 8 flights has always been a small packet of Tyrell’s crisps ready salted .

I am curious to know if anyone else had anything different? Even a different flavour of crisps ?

Perhaps the word crisps is to be avoided as some nations describe them as chips ?

It would be quite nice to have some variation to add to the excitement. My better half and I could then have a discussion about which snack we might be having today . We could even rank the snacks in preference .

As an aside I did not know until today that an attractive person can be described as a snack . “That Flyertalker is a snack “ for instance .
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In my experience, it's the Tyrell's ready-salted crisps or nothing.

In practice, of course, nothing isn't an option because even before you've opened your mouth to decline the snack they've chucked a bag at you and moved on.
sdmr, Intl359Widget, 86BA7 and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC
You’re right, the snack is nearly always crisps, but not always. On morning flights, you are offered cereal bars.

I guess it is easy to offer the one simple flavour though, as it is unoffending and liked by most.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
Announcement on Board :

The snack on my last 8 flights has always been a small packet of Tyrell’s crisps ready salted .

I am curious to know if anyone else had anything different? Even a different flavour of crisps ?

Perhaps the word crisps is to be avoided as some nations describe them as chips ?

It would be quite nice to have some variation to add to the excitement. My better half and I could then have a discussion about which snack we might be having today . We could even rank the snacks in preference .

As an aside I did not know until today that an attractive person can be described as a snack . “That Flyertalker is a snack “ for instance .
In CE I have repeatedly got what I think are cheese and onion pretzels. These are not an improvement over ready salted crisps.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:39 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Don’t question the snack or BA will take it away. “Our customers prefer not to have anxiety or confusion regarding the possible choice so we’ve removed it altogether”.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK View Post
Don’t question the snack or BA will take it away. “Our customers prefer not to have anxiety or confusion regarding the possible choice so we’ve removed it altogether”.
"In order to provide a more efficient service for our customers, we have elected to serve the water and crisps in the same plastic cup"
Old Jun 13, 22, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
Announcement on Board :

Nutrigrain bar on flight last month.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Your lucky to get anything!
MiraculousM and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by abligh View Post
In CE I have repeatedly got what I think are cheese and onion pretzels. These are not an improvement over ready salted crisps.
And a tiny little bag, too, I thought. On my CE flight back from Ibiza, these weren't served either. Claimed nut allergy, so didn't serve the pretzels.
choosethedrew and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:36 pm
A13

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I had a choice of a Coco Pops or Nutri-Grain cereal bar yesterday morning on the short hop to LGW from MAN.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My daughter got addicted to those Kellogg's strawberry cereal bars after having one on BA!
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
On early flights you can look forward to what I’ve heard several times referred to as a “very light continental breakfast” = Nutrigrain bar
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:19 pm

Yes. Much worse than Jet2 where you can pay for a decentish snack and very decent booze

Own goal in my opinion. Either have decent offers including alcohol have nothing and make people pay.
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
And a tiny little bag, too, I thought. On my CE flight back from Ibiza, these weren't served either. Claimed nut allergy, so didn't serve the pretzels.
Do love this, especially as the Penn State pretzels contain no nuts or legumes.
becks1 likes this.

Search this Thread