FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Water and a Snack (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082927-water-snack.html)

simonsmith Jun 13, 2022 11:25 am

Water and a Snack

Announcement on Board :

”In Euro Traveller we will be offering you a bottle of water and a snack “

The snack on my last 8 flights has always been a small packet of Tyrell’s crisps ready salted .

I am curious to know if anyone else had anything different? Even a different flavour of crisps ?

Perhaps the word crisps is to be avoided as some nations describe them as chips ?

It would be quite nice to have some variation to add to the excitement. My better half and I could then have a discussion about which snack we might be having today . We could even rank the snacks in preference .

As an aside I did not know until today that an attractive person can be described as a snack . “That Flyertalker is a snack “ for instance .

Misco60 Jun 13, 2022 11:28 am

In my experience, it's the Tyrell's ready-salted crisps or nothing.

In practice, of course, nothing isn't an option because even before you've opened your mouth to decline the snack they've chucked a bag at you and moved on.

BAeuro Jun 13, 2022 11:30 am

You’re right, the snack is nearly always crisps, but not always. On morning flights, you are offered cereal bars.

I guess it is easy to offer the one simple flavour though, as it is unoffending and liked by most.

abligh Jun 13, 2022 11:38 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith (Post 34332350)
Announcement on Board :

The snack on my last 8 flights has always been a small packet of Tyrell’s crisps ready salted .

I am curious to know if anyone else had anything different? Even a different flavour of crisps ?

Perhaps the word crisps is to be avoided as some nations describe them as chips ?

It would be quite nice to have some variation to add to the excitement. My better half and I could then have a discussion about which snack we might be having today . We could even rank the snacks in preference .

As an aside I did not know until today that an attractive person can be described as a snack . “That Flyertalker is a snack “ for instance .

In CE I have repeatedly got what I think are cheese and onion pretzels. These are not an improvement over ready salted crisps.

citiflyerUK Jun 13, 2022 11:39 am

Don’t question the snack or BA will take it away. “Our customers prefer not to have anxiety or confusion regarding the possible choice so we’ve removed it altogether”.

abligh Jun 13, 2022 11:42 am

Originally Posted by citiflyerUK (Post 34332400)
Don’t question the snack or BA will take it away. “Our customers prefer not to have anxiety or confusion regarding the possible choice so we’ve removed it altogether”.

"In order to provide a more efficient service for our customers, we have elected to serve the water and crisps in the same plastic cup"

Jimmie76 Jun 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith (Post 34332350)
Announcement on Board :

Nutrigrain bar on flight last month.

Can I help you Jun 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Your lucky to get anything!

chriswiles Jun 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by abligh (Post 34332397)
In CE I have repeatedly got what I think are cheese and onion pretzels. These are not an improvement over ready salted crisps.

And a tiny little bag, too, I thought. On my CE flight back from Ibiza, these weren't served either. Claimed nut allergy, so didn't serve the pretzels.

A13 Jun 13, 2022 1:36 pm

I had a choice of a Coco Pops or Nutri-Grain cereal bar yesterday morning on the short hop to LGW from MAN.

Raffles Jun 13, 2022 1:36 pm

My daughter got addicted to those Kellogg's strawberry cereal bars after having one on BA!

mmogdan Jun 13, 2022 2:14 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...807c0b31d.jpeg

mikeyfly Jun 13, 2022 2:15 pm

On early flights you can look forward to what I’ve heard several times referred to as a “very light continental breakfast” = Nutrigrain bar

Barnaby100 Jun 13, 2022 2:19 pm

Yes. Much worse than Jet2 where you can pay for a decentish snack and very decent booze

Own goal in my opinion. Either have decent offers including alcohol have nothing and make people pay.

choosethedrew Jun 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles (Post 34332705)
And a tiny little bag, too, I thought. On my CE flight back from Ibiza, these weren't served either. Claimed nut allergy, so didn't serve the pretzels.

Do love this, especially as the Penn State pretzels contain no nuts or legumes.