Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Water and a Snack

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Yes. Much worse than Jet2 where you can pay for a decentish snack and very decent booze

Own goal in my opinion. Either have decent offers including alcohol have nothing and make people pay.
You can still buy food/booze you just have to buy it in advance....
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pacenotes
You can buy snacks and booze onboard using the WiFi ordering system or from the trolley if there’s no WiFi. Any substantial food has to be ordered in advance of the flight.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Do love this, especially as the Penn State pretzels contain no nuts or legumes.
I love those pretzels - shame they bag is so small. Are they only on Cityflyer? I think mainline just has the mixed nut bags.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BAeuro
You’re right, the snack is nearly always crisps, but not always. On morning flights, you are offered cereal bars.

I guess it is easy to offer the one simple flavour though, as it is unoffending and liked by most.
I suggest that the slug recently found in the long haul salad would probably be offended by the choice of salty crisps. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone or everything...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by abligh
"In order to provide a more efficient service for our customers, we have elected to serve the water and crisps in the same plastic cup"
That reminds me of the tales of Soviet era Aeroflot when the FAs allegedly did drink service one row at a time and would wait for one row to finish drinking so they could then reuse the glasses, unwashed despite being slobbered upon, for drink service for the next row.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
On early flights you can look forward to what I’ve heard several times referred to as a “very light continental breakfast” = Nutrigrain bar
That’s quite funny
Just wondering on which continent Nutrigrain bars are the traditional preferred choice for breakfast ……

That said, were Nutrigrains not appearing recently as a (premium) item on some CW breakfast menus …… ?
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith
Announcement on Board :

”In Euro Traveller we will be offering you a bottle of water and a snack “

The snack on my last 8 flights has always been a small packet of Tyrell’s crisps ready salted .

I am curious to know if anyone else had anything different? Even a different flavour of crisps ?

Perhaps the word crisps is to be avoided as some nations describe them as chips ?

It would be quite nice to have some variation to add to the excitement. My better half and I could then have a discussion about which snack we might be having today . We could even rank the snacks in preference .

As an aside I did not know until today that an attractive person can be described as a snack . “That Flyertalker is a snack “ for instance .
I got a tiny bag of pretzels on my flight from Gatwick to Santorini last week..

Return in CE was much better!!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Better than a poke in the eye.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by volar
You can buy snacks and booze onboard using the WiFi ordering system or from the trolley if there’s no WiFi. Any substantial food has to be ordered in advance of the flight.
That is called Speedbird Cafe Onboard and is a subset of the pre-order from home full menu. But I think it is only available on short-haul flights to and from LHR.

Not sure it would have helped OP though as the only crisps option is Savoursmiths Desert Salt & Vinegar 35g costing a rather eye-watering Ł1.35.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
My daughter got addicted to those Kellogg's strawberry cereal bars after having one on BA!
I was desperate enough to have one of those on a flight the other day - essentially a flavourless gooey filling covered in sawdust. I wish I hadn't.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:18 pm

Considering this forum is top heavy with those who get lounge access.......
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, the legendary "Afternoon Tea" that does not come with tea.

Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
Don’t question the snack or BA will take it away. “Our customers prefer not to have anxiety or confusion regarding the possible choice so we’ve removed it altogether”.
Sounds on par with BA in this decade… we’ve removed all the choices so that you may have a hassle free journey unless we cancel the flight.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by pacenotes
Not always... last Saturday coming back from Valencia ( 2h flight )... We got a message from BA saying " Due to technical issue with the supplier, there would be no Speedbird Cafe on today's flight, please bring your own food and drink if you wish" or something very similar to that. After take off, the crew only mentioned the " Complimentary Water and Snack".
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Alfie800
Not always... last Saturday coming back from Valencia ( 2h flight )... We got a message from BA saying " Due to technical issue with the supplier, there would be no Speedbird Cafe on today's flight, please bring your own food and drink if you wish" or something very similar to that. After take off, the crew only mentioned the " Complimentary Water and Snack".
No booze available to purchase either?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.