Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status renewal - 20 TP short

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234
Yes that is what I meant and no I dont expect to get an extension but nothing lost in asking. Family circumstances mean I can't do any long haul trips for the forseeable future. Normally I would have done a couple of longhauls in J with multiple sectors to earn the points
if you are going to miss the gold renewal in a few months then maybe change your ft status to gold now so you get some extra value from the few months you have left as gold?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks. How do I do that and what are the benefits? I've been Gold since 2017 but never changed my status on here from Silver!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234
Thanks. How do I do that and what are the benefits? I've been Gold since 2017 but never changed my status on here from Silver!
click on myflyertalk, edit your details, then edit the info in Program affiliations
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you. I have changed my status now
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Was the reduced TP requirement for all cards not extended to December 31? My year ends Nov 8 ....do I have until Dec 31 to reach 450 to retain silver OR on or before Nov 8? Unclear from what the website states below.

Show all|Hide all
How do I benefit from the reduced Tier Point requirement to upgrade or renew my Tier?Currently, the 25% reduced Tier Point thresholds apply to all Members until 31 December 2022 as follows:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights

Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights

Gold: 1125 Tier Points

From 1 January 2023, the Tier Point thresholds will revert to :

Bronze: 300 Tier Points or 25 eligible flights

Silver: 600 Tier Points or 50 eligible flights

Gold: 1500 Tier Points

This means that:

Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date up to December 2022 can benefit from the reduced Tier Point thresholds to upgrade their Tier status, or to renew their current Tier status if this has not already been extended automatically.

Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 can benefit from the reduced thresholds to renew or upgrade their status for the following membership year, if they earn the required number of Tier Points by 31 December 2022 only. From 1 January 2023 the reduced Tier thresholds will no longer apply.

Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

Please note, you will still need to have flown the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights to qualify, which is two flights for Bronze membership, and four flights for Silver and Gold membership.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by testycal
Was the reduced TP requirement for all cards not extended to December 31? My year ends Nov 8 ....do I have until Dec 31 to reach 450 to retain silver OR on or before Nov 8?
You have until Nov 8th to meet the reduced threshold for this year. On November 8th your Tp will reset to 0

You will then have until dec 31st to meet the reduced threshold for next year

So you have until Nov 8th to reach 450 Tp for renewal to nov 23, then you have till Dec 31st to again reach 450 TP for renewal to Nov 24
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Whilst the brain trust are engaged in this thread, figured I'd ask what the odds are of me getting original routing credit on this? I will need the 140 extra TPs to hit GGL in 2022. BA-ticketed I-class, was due to come back LAX JFK LHR but due to bad weather around NY that would have meant probably missing my connection, I asked about moving to the direct flight LAX-LHR. This was sorted by AA staff who marked my new ticket very clearly as "invol". I've been credited the TPs for this leg and written in to try and get the missing ones too. Response times are quite slow so need to think about booking alternatives if it's unlikely BA will grant me the ORC. Anyone had this experience before?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Whilst the brain trust are engaged in this thread, figured I'd ask what the odds are of me getting original routing credit on this? I will need the 140 extra TPs to hit GGL in 2022. BA-ticketed I-class, was due to come back LAX JFK LHR but due to bad weather around NY that would have meant probably missing my connection, I asked about moving to the direct flight LAX-LHR. This was sorted by AA staff who marked my new ticket very clearly as "invol". I've been credited the TPs for this leg and written in to try and get the missing ones too. Response times are quite slow so need to think about booking alternatives if it's unlikely BA will grant me the ORC. Anyone had this experience before?
I think the odds are good of ORC being granted in these circumstances, but cannot speak to the timelines for how soon that might be actioned. I’ve had email responses take about a 7 to 10 days most recently, so if you are looking at a July 8 year-end and have no other 140-TP-earning travel planned, I would look into making some plans - perhaps a B2B to one of the 80TP European routes?

If your year-end is August or later, I’d wait a bit to see how the ORC request turns out.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You do mean Royal Air Maroc, the oneworld carrier, right? Don't believe everything you read, especially when it comes to travel reviews online. You're far more likely to have a disgruntled customer complaining in public than a happy customer making the effort to point that out.
I'd also happily give them a try. I quite enjoy trying out new airlines. If they'd be consistently terrible they'd be out of business.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I'd also happily give them a try. I quite enjoy trying out new airlines. If they'd be consistently terrible they'd be out of business.
Same here! I try to stay mainly within oneworld, so I'm looking forward to giving them a whirl at some point.

Even being wedded to my frequent flyer card, I've tried SWISS, KLM, SAS, Lufthansa, easyJet and a few others outside over the years. SWISS would be the one that impressed me most, with their Airbus A220 in business class from Zurich to Dublin. The meal! The Champagne! Seriously impressive.

For oneworld, I still have a few to get on. Finally flying JAL in a couple of weeks time, and still have not flown with RAM, Iberia, Malaysia Airlines or SriLankan, but I'm sure I will.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by flyingnomad
I think the odds are good of ORC being granted in these circumstances, but cannot speak to the timelines for how soon that might be actioned. I’ve had email responses take about a 7 to 10 days most recently, so if you are looking at a July 8 year-end and have no other 140-TP-earning travel planned, I would look into making some plans - perhaps a B2B to one of the 80TP European routes?

If your year-end is August or later, I’d wait a bit to see how the ORC request turns out.
Appreciate your views. My year-end isn't until Feb but the reduced rate is only in 2022 and my other flights are fairly set in stone now - very busy schedule! But you got me thinking, and I noticed I have a UIP-LCY which I can POUG for €79 and glean an extra 35 TPs, which will sneak me into GGL by a mere 5 TPs come year end so I might just book that even though I prefer having the ET exit row on those flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.