Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for OW lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Suggestions for OW lounge at JFK

I am finalizing my next multi-city "circuit" with OW - and thank you to FT members who came up with excellent suggestions wrt keeping costs down.

It seems one sector is with AA metal (JFK - LHR) leaving from T8 at JFK. As I have lounge access in Business class, which lounge does this group suggest? The flight (BA1511) leaves at 18:19. I arrive at LGA after noon (12:31) and will have to find a bus (as cheapest transpo) to JFK first. I suppose BA takes care of my checked bags - correct?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Your bags have to be collected by you in LGA, the days of buses and trucks wizzing bags between airports stopped in the early 1970s. In T8 you have the Admirals or Flagship Clubs, and I guess you want the latter, assuming you are in Business.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
I haven’t been to terminal 8 for a while but you will have to transport your luggage from LaGuardia to JFK
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by tmac100
I arrive at LGA after noon (12:31) and will have to find a bus (as cheapest transpo) to JFK first.
The old NYC Airporter shuttle bus is no longer running but you can use Go Airlink, costs $13 if booked in advance.

If you even want to economise on this, you can take the Q70 bus, the E train and the AirTrain, but it only saves you a fiver...
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:23 pm

I am finalizing my next multi-city "circuit" with OW - and thank you to FT members who came up with excellent suggestions wrt keeping costs down.

It seems one sector is with AA metal (JFK - LHR) leaving from T8 at JFK. As I have lounge access in Business class, which lounge does this group suggest? The flight (BA1511) leaves at 18:19. I arrive at LGA after noon (12:31) and will have to find a bus (as cheapest transpo) to JFK first. I suppose BA takes care of my checked bags - correct?
As others have suggested, you will have to transport your own baggage. It might be worth exploring if your incoming flight could land at JFK itself in which case your bags will taken care and checked through. Without a doubt you should utilise the Flagship lounge. Don't waste your time with the Admirals Club.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by frb98mf
The old NYC Airporter shuttle bus is no longer running but you can use Go Airlink, costs $13 if booked in advance.

If you even want to economise on this, you can take the Q70 bus, the E train and the AirTrain, but it only saves you a fiver...
I went to the Go Airlink site and they don't seem to have sharing - I tried to book in advance and today they want me to pay full price of over $100 USD. Will the price go down if others want the same shuttle?

I have taken other shuttles in other countries and the up-front price is per person. The shuttle leaves when the last person gets aboard.....
EDIT...

I searched on Trip Advisor some more and found a comment about ETS Airport Shuttle between airports. Their website shows prices similar to GoLink's BUT at least they also show prices for the vehicles with shared prices. For my date/time it is about $21 USD which is manageable.

Last edited by tmac100; Jun 12, 2022 at 6:56 pm
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I assume you will transit directly between LGA and JFK. Don't be tempted to dawdle before heading to JFK--sometimes traffic on Long Island is just as bad as in Manhattan so take the eearliest shuttle you can.

And yes, the Flagship Lounge.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
I went to the Go Airlink site and they don't seem to have sharing - I tried to book in advance and today they want me to pay full price of over $100 USD. Will the price go down if others want the same shuttle?

I have taken other shuttles in other countries and the up-front price is per person. The shuttle leaves when the last person gets aboard.....
EDIT...

I searched on Trip Advisor some more and found a comment about ETS Airport Shuttle between airports. Their website shows prices similar to GoLink's BUT at least they also show prices for the vehicles with shared prices. For my date/time it is about $21 USD which is manageable.

I would go for Uber or Lyft. Cost around $50 - $60 from LGA to JFK depending on the time of the day.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
And to add: if what you meant by "I suppose BA takes care of my checked bags - correct?" was "do I check in with BA" then the answer is no - check in at T8 with AA.
tmac100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.