Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

US Pre Travel test requirement ends this weekend

US Pre Travel test requirement ends this weekend

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
ExpressTest are just offering a voucher and the provider in Spain (at Madrid T4) is allowing free changes.
I guess their business model is dead for now.
I did chuckle at an advertisement at Liverpool Lime Street station by Randox selling Sexually Transmitted Infection home testing kits.

These companies have definitely evolved their business model!
endoman, abligh, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Yay, we aren’t going to the US until September so I was hoping it would be cancelled before then. One less thing to do on the day before travel.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
I did chuckle at an advertisement at Liverpool Lime Street station by Randox selling Sexually Transmitted Infection home testing kits.

He he… Monkeypox here comes capitalism!
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:10 am

Now wait for 1 day before testing for Monkeypox…..
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Having travelled in the last couple of weeks, they didn't check anything anyway - at either end.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Good, It makes little sense for the USA to have tests for COVID on arrivals when they have COVID circulating freely inside the country (and will have for the foreseeable future). Even if a traveller does arrive with COVID, it's not making anything worse for the country in general.

The chance of actually catching COVID on an aircraft remains very low and was very low even before such testing requirements were in place, so there is no traveller benefit either.
It was low before masks, pre-departure testing, etc (early 2020): https://www.internationalairportrevi...-transmission/
Accumulated evidence also says it remains unlikely: https://www.iata.org/globalassets/ia...idence-doc.pdf

Meanwhile the cost and burden of getting a test is significant, particularly for anyone on a longer or more complex itinerary or from countries where testing is difficult to find or very expensive.
T8191 and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
This is also being discussed in the coronavirus and travel forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...m-12-june.html
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:36 am

Fantastic news, be interesting to see how it affects passenger numbers.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Fantastic and very, very welcome news. We were on the verge of cancelling our summer holiday to Marco Is. in August as getting our five year old to take any type of COVID test is lately proving impossible. The last thing we needed was for her to refuse a test the day before the flight and then be on the hook for an abandoned trip.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:38 pm

How do we think this will impact on the need to complete the VeriFly? Will this now be deemed redundant?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by MH1981
How do we think this will impact on the need to complete the VeriFly? Will this now be deemed redundant?
Interesting question, it should mean it is redundant as the airlines have nothing they need to check going to the US any longer that wasn't done before the pandemic.

They might keep it though, if it's expediting other things.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by MH1981
Well, despite BA saying that details MUST be submitted before flying - on MMB/verifly, last week I did neither and no problem. I can therefore only guess that it is redundant, afterall, what is it going to check?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:30 pm

I hope this also means we no longer have to deal with the attestation form and all the covid address entries that would routinely prevent OLCI.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer

Don't give CDC any ideas!
LETTERBOY and abligh like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by prof
I hope this also means we no longer have to deal with the attestation form and all the covid address entries that would routinely prevent OLCI.
I wouldn’t be surprised if no one has thought of this (governments don’t seem to be good at joined-up thinking).
prof and LETTERBOY like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.