Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

E Vouchers [itemised list received from BA]

Old Jun 9, 22, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond in waiting..

Kind of BA to send me an email just now, listing all my vouchers and amounts.
MODS, I couldnt see another thread on this, if there is please move.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Evouchers...

Pretty good, BA just sent me a list of unused vouchers...so there's no excuse to not to spend them...

I Assume that with Book with confidence no longer an option, that evouchers are a thing of the past and we are back to just getting the taxes back on cancellation...??

Chris
Old Jun 9, 22, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Chris_G View Post
Pretty good, BA just sent me a list of unused vouchers...so there's no excuse to not to spend them...

I Assume that with Book with confidence no longer an option, that evouchers are a thing of the past and we are back to just getting the taxes back on cancellation...??
Yes, normal service has resumed, for any bookings made from now and those after 30 September 2022 for those booked before that date.
Old Jun 9, 22, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel View Post
Kind of BA to send me an email just now, listing all my vouchers and amounts.
MODS, I couldnt see another thread on this, if there is please move.
They have done this before and I had a voucher I had forgotten about, so that was really welcome news!
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Yes I also got an email today about a voucher which I hadn't really remembered - good stuff.
Old Jun 9, 22, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA blue, Emirates blue
Same for me to be used for flights that depart and return by 30 Sept, 23. Am I right in thinking that I can book a BAH, pay the deposit and then email BAH with the voucher numbers as part payment? Thanks
Old Jun 9, 22, 2:23 pm

I have several unused vouchers however only received an email re. one, should I be concerned? On that note, is there a route to checking the value of an eVoucher without going through the process of making a booking.
Old Jun 9, 22, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
I have several unused vouchers however only received an email re. one, should I be concerned? On that note, is there a route to checking the value of an eVoucher without going through the process of making a booking.
Same here. Just one in the email reminder. I have about 4 or 5 more unused ones that were not included.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by mrandery View Post
Same here. Just one in the email reminder. I have about 4 or 5 more unused ones that were not included.
Yes I also,have 5. On a related note, do you receive an email once they’ve been redeemed?
Old Jun 9, 22, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Yes I also,have 5. On a related note, do you receive an email once they’ve been redeemed?
Yes, you do. Today I was, like others upthread, pleasantly surprised to receive a reminder of two long-forgotten vouchers and used one of them earlier this evening. Shortly afterwards I received confirmation that the voucher had been redeemed. Now, where to go to use the second one...
Old Jun 9, 22, 4:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I got one tonight for my last voucher. I'd forgotten I still had 13 odd pounds in the BA bank!
Old Jun 10, 22, 12:35 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
interesting this email came out after BWC ended for new bookings....good way to get you spending those vouchers and finally locking in the revenue for BA
Old Jun 10, 22, 1:26 am

Is it possible to use the cash balance on an evoucher to pay the taxes and fees for an Avios flight booking, then subsequently cancel the booking and receive the refunded taxes and fees in cash minus the £30 service fee?
Old Jun 10, 22, 1:33 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Starship73 View Post
Is it possible to use the cash balance on an evoucher to pay the taxes and fees for an Avios flight booking, then subsequently cancel the booking and receive the refunded taxes and fees in cash minus the £30 service fee?
No and No and its £35 (default)
Old Jun 10, 22, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
No and No and its £35 (default)
So as usual the email I got from BA creates more confusion. My records say that I had an FTV 'bucket' comprising a cash sum against two 125- voucher codes plus a GUF2. However the email I just received from BA says I now have an eVoucher with more cash than I was expecting, under a different 125- voucher code, with no mention of the GUF2.

And if I can't use the cash component for taxes and fees for an Avios booking, can I at least separately apply the GUF2 to an Avios booking? And if I subsequently have to cancel that Avios booking, would I lose the GUF2?

The email almost laughably says 'there's no need to call us' but that's exactly what I'm going to have to do to try and figure out what the hell is going on...

Search this Thread