FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   E Vouchers [itemised list received from BA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082429-e-vouchers-itemised-list-received-ba.html)

Engineering Travel Jun 9, 2022 11:30 am

E Vouchers [itemised list received from BA]

Kind of BA to send me an email just now, listing all my vouchers and amounts.
MODS, I couldnt see another thread on this, if there is please move.

Chris_G Jun 9, 2022 11:30 am

Evouchers...

Pretty good, BA just sent me a list of unused vouchers...so there's no excuse to not to spend them...

I Assume that with Book with confidence no longer an option, that evouchers are a thing of the past and we are back to just getting the taxes back on cancellation...??

Chris

FlightDetective Jun 9, 2022 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 34321226)
Pretty good, BA just sent me a list of unused vouchers...so there's no excuse to not to spend them...

I Assume that with Book with confidence no longer an option, that evouchers are a thing of the past and we are back to just getting the taxes back on cancellation...??

Yes, normal service has resumed, for any bookings made from now and those after 30 September 2022 for those booked before that date.

FlightDetective Jun 9, 2022 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel (Post 34321224)
Kind of BA to send me an email just now, listing all my vouchers and amounts.
MODS, I couldnt see another thread on this, if there is please move.

They have done this before and I had a voucher I had forgotten about, so that was really welcome news!

ThatT1Feeling Jun 9, 2022 1:45 pm

Yes I also got an email today about a voucher which I hadn't really remembered - good stuff.

Shingi Jun 9, 2022 2:20 pm

Same for me to be used for flights that depart and return by 30 Sept, 23. Am I right in thinking that I can book a BAH, pay the deposit and then email BAH with the voucher numbers as part payment? Thanks

pazza2000 Jun 9, 2022 2:23 pm

I have several unused vouchers however only received an email re. one, should I be concerned? On that note, is there a route to checking the value of an eVoucher without going through the process of making a booking.

mrandery Jun 9, 2022 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 34321703)
I have several unused vouchers however only received an email re. one, should I be concerned? On that note, is there a route to checking the value of an eVoucher without going through the process of making a booking.

Same here. Just one in the email reminder. I have about 4 or 5 more unused ones that were not included.

pazza2000 Jun 9, 2022 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by mrandery (Post 34321899)
Same here. Just one in the email reminder. I have about 4 or 5 more unused ones that were not included.

Yes I also,have 5. On a related note, do you receive an email once they’ve been redeemed?

drpabs Jun 9, 2022 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 34321905)
Yes I also,have 5. On a related note, do you receive an email once they’ve been redeemed?

Yes, you do. Today I was, like others upthread, pleasantly surprised to receive a reminder of two long-forgotten vouchers and used one of them earlier this evening. Shortly afterwards I received confirmation that the voucher had been redeemed. Now, where to go to use the second one...

alex67500 Jun 9, 2022 4:34 pm

I got one tonight for my last voucher. I'd forgotten I still had 13 odd pounds in the BA bank!

PGberkshire Jun 10, 2022 12:35 am

interesting this email came out after BWC ended for new bookings....good way to get you spending those vouchers and finally locking in the revenue for BA

Starship73 Jun 10, 2022 1:26 am

Is it possible to use the cash balance on an evoucher to pay the taxes and fees for an Avios flight booking, then subsequently cancel the booking and receive the refunded taxes and fees in cash minus the £30 service fee?

PGberkshire Jun 10, 2022 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Starship73 (Post 34322870)
Is it possible to use the cash balance on an evoucher to pay the taxes and fees for an Avios flight booking, then subsequently cancel the booking and receive the refunded taxes and fees in cash minus the £30 service fee?

No and No and its £35 (default)

Starship73 Jun 10, 2022 2:10 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34322876)
No and No and its £35 (default)

So as usual the email I got from BA creates more confusion. My records say that I had an FTV 'bucket' comprising a cash sum against two 125- voucher codes plus a GUF2. However the email I just received from BA says I now have an eVoucher with more cash than I was expecting, under a different 125- voucher code, with no mention of the GUF2.

And if I can't use the cash component for taxes and fees for an Avios booking, can I at least separately apply the GUF2 to an Avios booking? And if I subsequently have to cancel that Avios booking, would I lose the GUF2?

The email almost laughably says 'there's no need to call us' but that's exactly what I'm going to have to do to try and figure out what the hell is going on...