Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

E Vouchers [itemised list received from BA]

E Vouchers [itemised list received from BA]

Old Jun 10, 22, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Shingi View Post
Same for me to be used for flights that depart and return by 30 Sept, 23. Am I right in thinking that I can book a BAH, pay the deposit and then email BAH with the voucher numbers as part payment? Thanks
Yes, you can do this - absolutely. I applied four eVouchers to a single holiday booking with no hassles at all. All you need to do is e-mail [email protected] with something like this -

Hi there,

I wish to apply an eVoucher to a BA Holiday booking.

Name: FlightDetective
Booking Ref: ABC123

The booking is flights from Dublin to Tokyo Haneda on 5 September, returning Sydney to London departing 15 November. My Executive Club number is 12345678.

The eVoucher I wish to apply to this booking is -

125-1234567890 / SGD 549.30

If you could let me know if this is okay and if you need anything else from me, please let me know.

Kind regards,

FlightDetective
+44 XXX XXX XXXX

When I have done this, I have received an e-mail back in a week or so, saying they have processed it. The amount of the voucher comes off the total booking price. It does not come up as a payment. For example, my booking was €2,608, and when I applied the voucher, the total price reduced from €2,608 to €2,517.31, then when I applied the next voucher it reduced to €2,328 and so on. They'll tell you that in the e-mail you get back confirming it's done anyway.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jun 10, 22, 7:04 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
interesting this email came out after BWC ended for new bookings....good way to get you spending those vouchers and finally locking in the revenue for BA
Yep, exactly my comment on the BWC ending thread - I know there have been reminder mails before, but it's an interesting 'coincidence' that it happened again the very day after BWC was pulled for new bookings.
Old Jun 10, 22, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
Yes, you can do this - absolutely. I applied four eVouchers to a single holiday booking with no hassles at all. All you need to do is e-mail [email protected] with something like this -

Hi there,

I wish to apply an eVoucher to a BA Holiday booking.

Name: FlightDetective
Booking Ref: ABC123

The booking is flights from Dublin to Tokyo Haneda on 5 September, returning Sydney to London departing 15 November. My Executive Club number is 12345678.

The eVoucher I wish to apply to this booking is -

125-1234567890 / SGD 549.30

If you could let me know if this is okay and if you need anything else from me, please let me know.

Kind regards,

FlightDetective
+44 XXX XXX XXXX

When I have done this, I have received an e-mail back in a week or so, saying they have processed it. The amount of the voucher comes off the total booking price. It does not come up as a payment. For example, my booking was Ä2,608, and when I applied the voucher, the total price reduced from Ä2,608 to Ä2,517.31, then when I applied the next voucher it reduced to Ä2,328 and so on. They'll tell you that in the e-mail you get back confirming it's done anyway.
Am I right that for this to work, the BA holiday must have been booked after the vouchers were issued? I have the balance due on a holiday next week and they said no can do as the holiday was booked in August 2022 and all my vouchers have appeared since.
Old Jun 10, 22, 7:50 am

A friend rang me last night explaining this email he had just received for 4 e vouchers totalling around £800, they are absolutely no use to him as he is the process of relocating on buisness to Australia for 5 years, asked if I wanted them for £200. I said I donít think Iím allowed to buy them from you but will ask, what could he do with them ? Buy flights for somebody else

TIA
Old Jun 10, 22, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there any logic to who gets these mass emails?

I didn't get this one, or the extended status email, or the mass spam emails.
Old Jun 10, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by mwp1 View Post
A friend rang me last night explaining this email he had just received for 4 e vouchers totalling around £800, they are absolutely no use to him as he is the process of relocating on buisness to Australia for 5 years, asked if I wanted them for £200. I said I don’t think I’m allowed to buy them from you but will ask, what could he do with them ? Buy flights for somebody else
Could use them himself to visit Singapore... SYD-SIN-SYD or something. The currency the vouchers are in doesn't matter, as the system will still apply them to a booking made in Australian dollars, so any BA destination ex-Australia would work. Or if he wanted to head back to the UK from Australia himself at some stage, he could use them.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
Is there any logic to who gets these mass emails?

I didn't get this one, or the extended status email, or the mass spam emails.
I think you only receive the e-Voucher reminder if you have outstanding unused e-Vouchers.

You might have opted out at some stage to BA e-mails? Worth checking maybe.

Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post
Am I right that for this to work, the BA holiday must have been booked after the vouchers were issued? I have the balance due on a holiday next week and they said no can do as the holiday was booked in August 2022 and all my vouchers have appeared since.
I think you've been given some misinformation, as I booked my BA holiday and then used vouchers as they came up, so the holiday was booked first, vouchers I applied as I cancelled flights.

Definitely contact them again! It took a week for them to apply the vouchers last time - I sent the e-mail 18 May and on 24 May received the response. Never did it by phone. They're also fine with various currencies, they just convert it over to whatever the ticket currency is and apply it.
mwp1 likes this.

Last edited by FlightDetective; Jun 10, 22 at 10:13 am
Old Jun 11, 22, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC GCH
I got this email too bad it prompted me to start having a look at flights. I have an Amex 241 burning a hole in my pocket too.

Is it not possible to use an Evoucher to pay for avios taxes? There is no option on the web, but if I phone up is this possible?
Old Jun 11, 22, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor silver
Yeah got the email and just as well.i have no intention of using them now so happily chose the "redeem for cash," option. Absence of not flying BA has not made the "heart grow fonder,"....and I choose the best airline on price and route now.
Old Jun 11, 22, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by benjirocks View Post
I got this email too bad it prompted me to start having a look at flights. I have an Amex 241 burning a hole in my pocket too.

Is it not possible to use an Evoucher to pay for avios taxes? There is no option on the web, but if I phone up is this possible?
No - as I understand it cash eVouchers can only be used against cash bookings.
Old Jun 11, 22, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC GCH
Ok. Thanks for letting me know and saving me waiting to be told the same back an agent on the phone 😀 Back to the drawing board

Search this Thread