Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are BAMissingAvios missing in action?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Serendipity7
Update: I have now been credited the first leg of my flight on the 27th of May. Only they have posted the wrong amount of Avios and Tier Points ( awarded Economy, my booking was Business). Back to square one…
Did you upgrade an economy class ticket on a non-BA flight code? Not all airline codes give the higher TPs and avios on a POUG/airport upgrade type offer.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze Tier
Originally Posted by gcuk
Did you upgrade an economy class ticket on a non-BA flight code? Not all airline codes give the higher TPs and avios on a POUG/airport upgrade type offer.
No, it was just a standard Business Class booking worth 1376 Avios and 40 TP per flight. I only got 491 Avios and 10 TP posted.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
BAMissingAvios got back to me today with help on crediting my missing flight! She is awesome (and still around)
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Melodsal
BAMissingAvios got back to me today with help on crediting my missing flight! She is awesome (and still around)
Whilst I'm sure we are all grateful for BAMissingAvios on this forum, I'm curious about the strategy here. Is it a conscious BA decision to provide a point of escalation for a recognised noisy minority that frequent this board, or is it an individual that has taken it upon themselves to provide some extra help on a best efforts basis (presumably with at least tacit support from their management).

Either way, long may it continue - I've had no pressing need to call upon her for assistance but it's comforting to know she is there.

Would be even more comforting if everything worked well at BA in the first place, but as I myself work for a massive multi tentacled organisation with archaic IT and people that don't talk to each other, I'll accept that we have to be realistic sometimes
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Whilst I'm sure we are all grateful for BAMissingAvios on this forum, I'm curious about the strategy here. Is it a conscious BA decision to provide a point of escalation for a recognised noisy minority that frequent this board, or is it an individual that has taken it upon themselves to provide some extra help on a best efforts basis (presumably with at least tacit support from their management).

Either way, long may it continue - I've had no pressing need to call upon her for assistance but it's comforting to know she is there.

Would be even more comforting if everything worked well at BA in the first place, but as I myself work for a massive multi tentacled organisation with archaic IT and people that don't talk to each other, I'll accept that we have to be realistic sometimes
The thread started by the wonderful former BA Executive Club representative Nicci when setting up the various BAEC lurker accounts:
Some news from the BAEC team and changes to how we manage queries
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Melodsal
And for me as well. Very much appreciated :

Svantevit
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ratechaser

Agreed. BAMissingAvios generously assisted in crediting my BAEC account for several Alaska Airlines flights, which seem to chronically not post. I really appreciated that assistance, but the better solution of course would be for BA to simply fix the issue so that this human intervention is not necessary.

Regards
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Just about to put in missing avios claim via website before trying to phone or use the services of BAMissingAvios. It was a BA booking with a 125 ticket and a BA flight number but operated by IB. Boarding pass has IB flight # but does gave my BAEC number. Should I claim it as a missing BA or IB flight, or won't it make the slightest bit of difference? Flight was 12 days ago.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: BRK-B
My first leg of BACF to RTM is also missing, I don't know why, is this because of Ł10 eqv. points redemption that was deduct from total fare?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by blurt91
Just about to put in missing avios claim via website before trying to phone or use the services of BAMissingAvios. It was a BA booking with a 125 ticket and a BA flight number but operated by IB. Boarding pass has IB flight # but does gave my BAEC number. Should I claim it as a missing BA or IB flight, or won't it make the slightest bit of difference? Flight was 12 days ago.
Use the BA flight number with the BA ticket number is the only way it will work in the online form and should be fine as you were actually booked in the BA code ...
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Use the BA flight number with the BA ticket number is the only way it will work in the online form and should be fine as you were actually booked in the BA code ...
Thanks for that. Really appreciate your advice, but unfortunately ticket number results in an error.

Last edited by blurt91; Jun 15, 2022 at 1:11 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:26 am

Thanks for that. Really appreciate your advice, but unfortunately ticket number results in an error.
I’ve put these flights through as partner airline claims on the online form, but all have been rejected.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
From my experience it works like this

If you have a BA Ticket number (starting with 125-xxx ) then you must put the claim in via the BA form with the BA flight code as the partner form will reject it
If you have a ticket that's not a 125-xxx number then you must put the claim in via the Partner claim site as the BA flight form will only accept 125xxx ticket numbers

I had a similar issue recently with a QR ticket on a BA flight ( with a BA code ) and couldn't do it online

If you were booked on a 125-xxx ticket with a BA coded segment on your ticket then you should be able to put that in online ( doesn't matter that the IB main flight number is on your boarding card, it's what's on the ticket that should matter)

If not then try the 'chat' function on the BA website as your first port of call .. they can raise the claim for you .. give that a couple of weeks and it should get sorted and then if that doesn't work PM the BAMissingAvios account here
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
From my experience it works like this

If you have a BA Ticket number (starting with 125-xxx ) then you must put the claim in via the BA form with the BA flight code as the partner form will reject it
If you have a ticket that's not a 125-xxx number then you must put the claim in via the Partner claim site as the BA flight form will only accept 125xxx ticket numbers

I had a similar issue recently with a QR ticket on a BA flight ( with a BA code ) and couldn't do it online

If you were booked on a 125-xxx ticket with a BA coded segment on your ticket then you should be able to put that in online ( doesn't matter that the IB main flight number is on your boarding card, it's what's on the ticket that should matter)

If not then try the 'chat' function on the BA website as your first port of call .. they can raise the claim for you .. give that a couple of weeks and it should get sorted and then if that doesn't work PM the BAMissingAvios account here
I will try the chat. Earlier in the year I had the same QR ticket BA issue...all the QR segments credited automatically but the BA segments didn't. As someone who only flies 3 or 4 times a year, I wonder how on earth the truly regular fliers here manage to keep track of what has been credited and what hasn't and the time taken to sort out missing claims.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Just for a datapoint here that may help some,

Got through to the chat relatively quickly. They are not able to process a claim on my behalf because my name does not exactly match between my executive club account and my passport, think shortened names (John/Johnathan,Chris/Christopher,Dave/David,Ed/Edward). Not sufficient to block travel but, clearly sufficient to prevent the direct linking of passenger flight record to executive club account postings.

So, a request to update this to BA has been sent and this may also resolve the inability to claim for missing avios/TP using the form in future as well.

So, I would recommend for those that have consistent problems here to ensure that this all matches exactly, and it may help with some versions of this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.