Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA85 - LHR - YVR delays

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
I would fly the aircraft.

BA are not in the habit of taking any safety risks, they're happy to cut corners on catering and other stuff, but not safety.

There might of course be some delays, but that wouldn't make me scared. And of course if it arrives into London 3 hours late you'll probably be able to claim compensation which wouldn't apply with AC.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:37 pm

Thank you, I feel better. I’m just a super nervous flier!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Please don’t worry, in all the many years that I flew as cabin crew with BA I was never worried about my safety or the ability of our flight crew.
Geordie405 and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I always think of mechanical delays as them taking the time necessary to make sure we are safe. Yes, they are frustrating. Yes they are annoying. But I'd rather they find and fix any issues on the ground, than discover them in the air.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by plunet
I did share the link to the story in the Sun to the avherald via their contact form, I am sure Simon will do some further due diligence on it.
I am sure that Simon will not be relying on the details in the Sun's article!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:00 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Globaliser

Does anyone have the appetite for counting how many errors there were in the Sun's story?
From LHR to IAD departing at 22:40 stood out (was IAD-LHR). As did the 12 hour flight time.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (for now), BAEC Gold
I was on 0084 today and it was a real slog. Scheduled arrival back to LHR was 14:05, actual was 18:27. Then to top it off we waited nearly two hours for our bags to reappear. All told it was essentially a 6 hour delay from when we could have realistically hoped to be leaving LHR.
wrp96 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:16 pm

Things are not improving. BA293/292 to/from IAD are now showing five hour delays for tonight. BA85 is showing a four hour delay. Certainly not worried about my safety but the delays are sure a bummer.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Please don’t worry, in all the many years that I flew as cabin crew with BA I was never worried about my safety or the ability of our flight crew.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA
Given the delays on these flights today what are the chances if I ask to be moved to an air Canada flight upon check in? Legally are BA obliged to transfer you if you ask and the delay is otherwise substantial?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy84
I was on 0084 today and it was a real slog. Scheduled arrival back to LHR was 14:05, actual was 18:27. Then to top it off we waited nearly two hours for our bags to reappear. All told it was essentially a 6 hour delay from when we could have realistically hoped to be leaving LHR.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
And tomorrow's 85 now showing on time.
I was on that flight. It was estimated with 90 min delay that ended up being 2:40hrs to nose up.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:11 pm

Interesting chat with off duty crew member in flight up to EDI after late YVR. She suggested that lots of Canadian flights (not just YVR), we’re having significant delay problems… and she was informed this was mainly down to Canadian airport issues…. (Passing the buck from a PR perspective)?

From my perspective, my delay was local organisation influenced, as the inbound flight did land late but felt like they couldn’t turn it around any quicker when they possibly could have
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Degsy328
Interesting chat with off duty crew member in flight up to EDI after late YVR. She suggested that lots of Canadian flights (not just YVR), we’re having significant delay problems… and she was informed this was mainly down to Canadian airport issues…. (Passing the buck from a PR perspective)?

From my perspective, my delay was local organisation influenced, as the inbound flight did land late but felt like they couldn’t turn it around any quicker when they possibly could have
Just as a point of reference, I've operated a couple of Toronto flights recently where we've only been allowed to disembark passengers in groups of 30, 10 minutes apart due to overcrowding in the immigration hall due to a shortage of officers. Took around an hour to get everyone off, delaying the preparations for the return flight back to London.
wrp96 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:08 am

I see that today's 84 is 4 hours 47 minutes late from departure at YVR and that tonight's 85 already has a delay of 1 hour 50. Sadly I think the time has come for me to seriously consider pulling out of my trip next week. I'll give it another 24 hours before I make a final decision but it's not looking good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.