Search

BA First - Ever Decreasing Circles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Ultra low cost carrier? So worse than Ryanair and Easyjet? Mmkay lol
You've twisted my words

They're not an ultra low cost carrier but they're definitely an ultra low cost provider as they've been scrimping and stingy with their offerings lately while charging through the nose.

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
BA sweetly used the pandemic to unburden itself here.

Which permits one to feel a certain degree of schadenfreude at their current staffing woes and knock on effects.
Indeed!

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
AKA - A high-cost provider.
More like a high-cost airline whilst providing an ultra low cost experience... at least with EasyJet and Ryanair you know what you're paying for whereas on BA it's a YMMV situation that day if Catering felt like it, the crew felt like it, the ground staff felt like it, and so on...
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gw76
Looks disgusting
I used to work with a Nigerian....he once said the same about my baked beans,black pudding and tattie scone breakfast.
gw76 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mguinness
Just saw this on another forum, it was served on a flight from Abuja...

brekkie in 1st
what Is that grey stuff?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
is it? It seems to be a photo taken in the galley so not by a passenger ​​​​​
Perhaps taken by a CC member (who was just as incredulous as the F class pax to whom this concoction was offered …… )
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
Perhaps taken by a CC member (who was just as incredulous as the F class pax to whom this concoction was offered …… )
could be - although that would be quite unusual for cabin crew to do that. we are missing context and everyone has just made assumptions here.
Fitruss and Lucanesque like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC
The burnt potato, grey stuff to the right and flaccid sausage all look incredibly grim. As KARFA says we have not seen that put down in front of a passenger. I’d be interested to hear if any passengers actually received a similar dish in First. Shocked also because while we know BA have been quite poor of late in some areas, that is just beyond the pale.
DelTroon likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I stand corrected. It’s the tomato that’s black. Also another thread just opened about this being on Reddit.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
what Is that grey stuff?
Scrambled egg? And it would say it was more sage green than grey

Last edited by choosethedrew; Jun 10, 2022 at 5:41 am
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dougzz
Didn't these all fail because their premium only model doesn’t work from secondary airports like Luton, and without the support of backup aircraft.
No, it was a bit more complicated than that, as your LCY example shows. And it was a bit more complicated than all of the discussion here. BA's issues are also a bit more complicated than any of the discussion we see on FT.

Reading a thread like this, anyone would think that if BA were to spend twice or three times as much money on the F product as it currently does, all of a sudden all the squillionaires would be suddenly falling over themselves to buy every possible seat on every possible BA flight, and BA would fill its F cabins and be laughing all the way to the bank. But that's a parallel universe, imagined by those whose real interest is in enjoying an F product that's miles better than it is now, while still only paying current award rates and fares for them.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold

brekkie in 1st
Bloody hell.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

brekkie in 1st
I found it very hard to believe that’s a BA offering. Could it be just someone who had bought the plates and made his own awful breakfast just for fun? Can anyone verify if the photo is real or no?
Fitruss and Pack like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ermis177
I found it very hard to believe that’s a BA offering. Could it be just someone who had bought the plates and made his own awful breakfast just for fun? Can anyone verify if the photo is real or no?
The photograph certainly looks genuine, it has been taken in the galley. Not sure if what is on those plates was intended for passenger consumption or if it was a staff meal, either way it does not look appealing!

I do not recognise the items, they could, I suppose, be unique to the Abuja sector, or perhaps it could be some vegan monstrosity, but whatever it was I hope to god I never have that put on front of me!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I do not recognise the items, they could, I suppose, be unique to the Abuja sector, or perhaps it could be some vegan monstrosity!
Plus just because it's on F plates doesn't mean it was F food.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
it could be some vegan monstrosity
I believe this may win the vegan monstrosity on a BA F plate. Served in F but a J meal due to AUP my wife got MIA-LHR.

The review was “it tasted better than it looks but nobody knew what it was and I’m still none the wiser”

Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
………………….. Not sure if what is on those plates was intended for passenger consumption or if it was a staff meal, either way it does not look appealing!

I do not recognise the items, they could, I suppose, be unique to the Abuja sector, or perhaps it could be some vegan monstrosity, but whatever it was I hope to god I never have that put on front of me!
Me neither !!!

And ………if this mess really was provided to staff, then one can only conclude that BA’s contracted caterers are looking to treat BA staff more harshly than any tactics used during the WW and AC era

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.