Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current FastTrack queues at LGW/LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dc.marathoner
I just saw on Heathrow website that Fast Track is not available. Am I reading the wrong information, or site?

Edit: I will be on a J tix on AA.

Fast Track
I think this is referring to buying Fast Track access rather than being eligible through your ticket class/airline status?
welshwiz and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes. Fast track coming from landside is available as usual, but I don’t think available to buy. Fast track at connections security seems variable tho.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Given the horrendous lines in T3 this weekend has anyone used one of the 'VIP' services to expedite getting through security? Anything is worth avoiding a several hour wait even for those using fast-track
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Hi everyone! Im doing a DFW-LHR > LGW-BOD connection, which Ive never done before, with a 4.5 hr connection time. Landing LHR at 14:25, departing at 18:50 next Thursday. Flying AA in F into T3 -- sounds like fast track is open, but do you have any thoughts around how doable this connection is? I have a car booked through blacklane - it seems private car is the fastest way to get to LGW?

TYIA!!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OH went through South security fast track in about 10mins tonight. Regular South was busier but not too bad.

North however had a big queue stretching into a tensator pole maze in the check in area, and Fastrack looked to be closed.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Ah. Thanks for the update. Though, I need to get there before I could leave!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
2 data points- T5 South Fastrack Monday at around 9am, around a 10 min wait.

LGW South fastrack today, no wait this morning at around 1015. Family/assistance also very quiet. Main waiting areas all very busy so they must have come through earlier!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kethee
Hi everyone! Im doing a DFW-LHR > LGW-BOD connection, which Ive never done before, with a 4.5 hr connection time. Landing LHR at 14:25, departing at 18:50 next Thursday. Flying AA in F into T3 -- sounds like fast track is open, but do you have any thoughts around how doable this connection is? I have a car booked through blacklane - it seems private car is the fastest way to get to LGW?

TYIA!!
I will have a stab at this. This should be fine. I think the biggest risk of delay is a delayed first leg, or delay in offloading bags at Heathrow (if checking bags). There is also a risk of a wait at the border, of traffic delay on the M25 and of slow bag drop at Gatwick. I think all of these are more likely to present issues than Gatwick security (where there is fast track known as Premium Gatwick). I would guess though that you would need to have at least three of these factors presenting delays to miss your connecting flight.

One tip if you have checked luggage is if there is a queue at Gatwick premium check-in and only one or two desks open it may be quicker to use the self bag drop machines, especially if you already have boarding passes in hand.

If you were asking about arrivals fast track for non-EU passport holders, I believed this is still closed.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: QF
Just went through T3 security at around 2pm, lines wernt too bad.
I moved from fast track to the regular line as that seemed to move faster - probably much of a muchness but lots of people would wait in a “priority line” if it took 10x longer
welshwiz and kethee like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Originally Posted by lcylocal
I will have a stab at this. This should be fine. I think the biggest risk of delay is a delayed first leg, or delay in offloading bags at Heathrow (if checking bags). There is also a risk of a wait at the border, of traffic delay on the M25 and of slow bag drop at Gatwick. I think all of these are more likely to present issues than Gatwick security (where there is fast track known as Premium Gatwick). I would guess though that you would need to have at least three of these factors presenting delays to miss your connecting flight.

One tip if you have checked luggage is if there is a queue at Gatwick premium check-in and only one or two desks open it may be quicker to use the self bag drop machines, especially if you already have boarding passes in hand.

If you were asking about arrivals fast track for non-EU passport holders, I believed this is still closed.
Thank you so much! This is super helpful. All the LHR delay / strike / BA headlines out there are worrying me, but was hoping it was being somewhat sensationalized.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
LHR around 7pm yesterday: First Wing closed. South security around 15 minutes to get through.

Annoyingly walked from HEX to First Wing to find it closed and then the usual down/up to get to lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:45 am

Went through connection at T3 (Virgin) from an international flight at around 10 am a few weeks ago, FastTrack not operating, but overall gate to gate about 30 minutes.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:46 am

Is there Fast Track for connecting passengers coming from the US to EU at T5? Is it automatic for Business class or do I have to book it?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HenryY
Is there Fast Track for connecting passengers coming from the US to EU at T5? Is it automatic for Business class or do I have to book it?
there doesn't seem to be any fast track security for connections atm. if the arrivals immigration isn't looking too busy you may wish to go landside and up to check in level to use security there, you can choose north or south fast track.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by KARFA
there doesn't seem to be any fast track security for connections atm. if the arrivals immigration isn't looking too busy you may wish to go landside and up to check in level to use security there, you can choose north or south fast track.
The wait time for connecting security is usually short. It has never taken me more than 5 minutes. I would only consider entering the UK and clearing landside security if doing so via the First Wing. Even so, the walking involved would likely make thatbrothat route take more time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.