BWC ends at midnight tonight (7-JUN)

Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I should point out that anything involving BWC or FTVs or eVouchers was and continues to be regarded as "change booking", since while this may look like a new booking from the customer's perspective, BA treats these as changed bookings.
So at the risk of over interpreting your words CWS, does that mean if I make a booking today, using an evoucher, for a flight/holiday that takes place by the end of September, that it would still be covered by BWC flexibility? Because BA doesn't really see it as a 'new' booking...

I suspect not, but happy to clutch at a straw when it dangles
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ratechaser
So at the risk of over interpreting your words CWS, does that mean if I make a booking today, using an evoucher, for a flight/holiday by the end of September, that it would still be covered by BWC flexibility? Because BA doesn't really see it as a 'new' booking...

Ah, but that would be different - one is how you divvy up your workforce in contact centres, the other is about the customer proposition. The reason being is that once ticketed, there would be a new ticket date, one that comes from after the change to BWC. So while this is a guess on my part, I think if you book with an eVoucher or FTV today then you're back on the terms and conditions as laid out just before purchase.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ratechaser
So at the risk of over interpreting your words CWS, does that mean if I make a booking today, using an evoucher, for a flight/holiday that takes place by the end of September, that it would still be covered by BWC flexibility? Because BA doesn't really see it as a 'new' booking...

No, any new bookings made from today would clearly not longer be covered by BWC. It is clearly a new booking, BA sees it as such both with regard to evouchers and with offline FTVs.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by 12d121
Which cards are they (presuming you're in the UK)? In my experience it is very difficult to find cards in the UK which accept balance transfers from amex because of the 15 digit card number v 16 digit card number. Have read workarounds to add a leading 0 but they also seem to have mixed results
Yes, UK based.

MBNA, Barclaycard Platinum (not the new BA/Avios one) and Tesco.

Transfer fees (for the offers they are currently showing) are 4.5% 2.90% and 2.99% respectively so MBNA is not an option I'd regularly use but is kept as an emergency back up.

They all periodically offer money transfers which is handy if you can't do a transfer - e.g. you can't balance transfer to a chargecard like the Amex Platinum - but that will cost more in fees.

You need to see if booking a BAH package vs flights and hotel/car separately is better value than paying a balance transfer fee. It's not always better value.

None of these cards have annual fees so keeping them in the drawer unused costs nothing.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by squawk
Interestingly, when I get to the stage of selecting a new flight, if the new flight costs more I can get all the way to the payment page. If it costs the same (actually, I think a very small refund of less than 10p), I get this error instead:

As I am of a generous disposition, I assume this isn't a deliberate upselling tactic but rather BA IT's inability to process a change that involves a refund - only to accept additional payment.

But regardless, finding this out a couple of hours before BWC ends (which hasn't even been advertised) but after the phone like has shut at 8pm (at least the one shown when you click the "Contact Us" link so helpfully provided) is... irksome.
This is not new, in my experience.

Many times I've rebooked over the past couple of years (under BWC) and ended up with a refund and not being able to proceed. Phoning up sorted it out but it was a faff.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I suppose if you book your BA flights under an AA codeshare on an AA (001-) ticket, you'd be covered by AA's policy?

Maybe the better way, at least going westwards from the UK.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
By complete coincidence, I got a mail today reminding me of the evouchers that I still have to use. I'm sure BA are especially keen for me to use them now that there is no going back...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.