Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWC ends at midnight tonight (7-JUN)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
quite odd especially given confidence is not something one has much of with BAs summer schedule.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Oh how I wish we had a BA credit card here in the Republic of Ireland! I earn almost all my Avios from flying and don't think about how many I could be earning. Time to move to the UK...

Great strategy you have there though, I'll certainly have to keep that in mind in future as that's a smart way to do it and avoids the extra cost of a hotel or car hire that may not be required. Thanks for sharing that!
Fully agree. The Aer Lingus card here is miserly
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:56 am

Would have loved it to stay permanently though... but now, instead, I am using BA Holidays to make deposits and pay it closer in. Something I'd also never ever used or done before the pandemic... it's actually very handy to pay off expensive business class flights, even if it does have to have a car or hotel added for at least one day.
This is pretty much how I book all my BA flights, especially long haul. If the likes of Virgin or others offered a similar option ex DUB they’d likely get more of my business
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:26 am

So, for the extremely casual user of BA, is there any reason I would want to book a Avios flight today (for mid-August) versus booking it later? As a non-elite, it looks like I would be hit with 35GBP per person to cancel in either case and I think I can change the booking under the same restrictions whether I book today or tomorrow, true? I may well have missed something critical, but.....
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by xooz
So, for the extremely casual user of BA, is there any reason I would want to book a Avios flight today (for mid-August) versus booking it later? As a non-elite, it looks like I would be hit with 35GBP per person to cancel in either case and I think I can change the booking under the same restrictions whether I book today or tomorrow, true? I may well have missed something critical, but.....
Availability
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Will100
Availability
Always the risk when deferring pulling the trigger. Was more interested in whether there was some extra flexibility I have today that disappears tonight.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver,AA,EI&UA
Trying to book a trip before the deadline arrives, but the BA site will not accept my e-voucher (but will accept avios) as part payment. Voucher # and name entered are identical to voucher e-mail details. Have had no difficulty using e-vouchers before today. Will keep trying, but frustrated!
Just noticed something. E-voucher works for r/t ticket as 3 fields requested for verification - e-mail, name and voucher #, but my attempt for a multi city ticket requests only name and voucher # verification of e-voucher. Seems the BA site needs an e-mail address to authenticate my e-voucher, but booking a multi city ticket has no field to enter this information. Anyone have any ideas on a solution other than getting into the BA call queue?

Last edited by Nil SeAnn; Jun 7, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nil SeAnn
Trying to book a trip before the deadline arrives, but the BA site will not accept my e-voucher (but will accept avios) as part payment. Voucher # and name entered are identical to voucher e-mail details. Have had no difficulty using e-vouchers before today. Will keep trying, but frustrated!
Just noticed something. E-voucher works for r/t ticket as 3 fields requested for verification - e-mail, name and voucher #, but my attempt for a multi city ticket requests only name and voucher # verification of e-voucher. Seems the BA site needs an e-mail address to authenticate my e-voucher, but booking a multi city ticket has no field to enter this information. Anyone have any ideas on a solution other than getting into the BA call queue?
the FTV evouchers don’t work if you end up using the older booking engine via multi city. The only solution is to call.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
the FTV evouchers don’t work if you end up using the older booking engine via multi city. The only solution is to call.
Are they back taking telephone reservations then?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are they back taking telephone reservations then?
as far as i know, yes
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Perhaps they cannot go on together but this one had its own termination built-in, in so far as it did not apply to flights beyond September. BA could have left it to die of its own death rather than kill it early, especially as we are not out of the woods with cancellation problems and being strict with pax on cancellation policies when the airline is forced to cancel flights far more than normal is not a good look.
I made very good use of the policy and give BA much credit for having introduced it.

That said, a revision to incorporate the sort of compromise outlined here by NickB is an excellent idea, and would go a long way to reassuring people during these coming months which remain so full of uncertainty and - at times - a fair amount of stress / hassle too.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
My way of doing that is to pay on BA Amex and then transfer the balance to a 0% card and pay it off over a few months. I have three credit cards that seem to offer a 0% transfer every month and I just dip in to one of those if I book something that's a touch on the pricey side.
Which cards are they (presuming you're in the UK)? In my experience it is very difficult to find cards in the UK which accept balance transfers from amex because of the 15 digit card number v 16 digit card number. Have read workarounds to add a leading 0 but they also seem to have mixed results
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:06 pm

I'm trying to change the date of a return leg of a simple xxx-LHR return just now online. Though I get through the first couple of pages (which leg do you wish to change, do you wish to change the date) and get to the date grid, when I try to move the date about half of the time I get the following error.

And having to start over from scratch. As you might imagine, this is quite frustrating.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
as far as i know, yes
Sales lines reoprned at the start of june.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by squawk
I'm trying to change the date of a return leg of a simple xxx-LHR return just now online. Though I get through the first couple of pages (which leg do you wish to change, do you wish to change the date) and get to the date grid, when I try to move the date about half of the time I get the following error.

And having to start over from scratch. As you might imagine, this is quite frustrating.
Interestingly, when I get to the stage of selecting a new flight, if the new flight costs more I can get all the way to the payment page. If it costs the same (actually, I think a very small refund of less than 10p), I get this error instead:

As I am of a generous disposition, I assume this isn't a deliberate upselling tactic but rather BA IT's inability to process a change that involves a refund - only to accept additional payment.

But regardless, finding this out a couple of hours before BWC ends (which hasn't even been advertised) but after the phone like has shut at 8pm (at least the one shown when you click the "Contact Us" link so helpfully provided) is... irksome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.