FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Sometimes You Have To Just Laugh At BA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082137-sometimes-you-have-just-laugh-ba.html)

BOH Jun 7, 2022 9:45 am

Sometimes You Have To Just Laugh At BA

Just flown TRN to LGW in CE and looking forward to the afternoon Cream Tea. A rather red faced FA was very apologetic and said, "it's a cream tea....but without a scone" :D:D

When I asked why she said, "I just think they forgot to load the scones". So it was the usual savoury sandwiches, plus a pot of jam and carton of cream still served....but no scone :confused:

Caused a fair bit of amusement......brilliant :D

sof_lance Jun 7, 2022 9:48 am

How's your flight into LGW btw? Heard another round of cancelled etc.

wrp96 Jun 7, 2022 9:48 am

But was there tea?

HIDDY Jun 7, 2022 9:52 am

Don't laugh...claim compensation for the distress caused!!

richiejv Jun 7, 2022 10:09 am

BA is clearly concerned about its passengers consuming unnecessary carbs. Consider it a service to your health.

(I'd be fuming. Love a scone.)

DYKWIA Jun 7, 2022 10:10 am

Probably somebody allergic to currents on board.

BOH Jun 7, 2022 10:19 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 34315004)
Probably somebody allergic to currents on board.

Not possible, there was no in-seat power.

BOH Jun 7, 2022 10:23 am

Originally Posted by sof_lance (Post 34314951)
How's your flight into LGW btw? Heard another round of cancelled etc.

It pushed back from TRN bang on time at 15:15, we were airborne within 5-7 minutes and landed at LGW about 15-20 minutes early. Jetty connected within a few minutes and we were off the plane :tu:

All in all, a really good flight (minus the scones :D) because it always seem a risk arriving early nowadays as there is often no ground staff available to meet the flight until the allotted landing time.

BOH Jun 7, 2022 10:25 am

Originally Posted by richiejv (Post 34314998)
BA is clearly concerned about its passengers consuming unnecessary carbs. Consider it a service to your health.

(I'd be fuming. Love a scone.)

The red-faced FA did add, "yes it's a pity because yesterday they really were delicious" :rolleyes::D

chris1979 Jun 7, 2022 10:50 am

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 34314956)
But was there tea?

in a paper cup presumably given that's the current standard...

Misco60 Jun 7, 2022 10:54 am

Why would you laugh at yet another service failure?

ermis177 Jun 7, 2022 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 34315126)

I assume the fact that is happening quite often ( service failure) is becoming a joke now. On the other hand, I only had very few service failures from BA apart from the delays/cancellations which are already a joke…

BOH Jun 7, 2022 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 34315126)

Because it was a cream tea without a scone but the Jam and Clotted Cream were still on the tray, rendering them somewhat useless. Coupled with the highly embarrassed (but honest) FA saying, "I just think they forget to load them" :D

sof_lance Jun 7, 2022 11:07 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 34315037)
It pushed back from TRN bang on time at 15:15, we were airborne within 5-7 minutes and landed at LGW about 15-20 minutes early. Jetty connected within a few minutes and we were off the plane :tu:

All in all, a really good flight (minus the scones :D) because it always seem a risk arriving early nowadays as there is often no ground staff available to meet the flight until the allotted landing time.

Thanks BOH ! Perhaps in the interest of getting in the air on time, they forgot the scones and that I am ok. :D

Mekko Jun 7, 2022 12:42 pm

Ex-LHR I had the scone and jam last week but no clotted cream.