All BAEC Household accounts locked

Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

All BAEC Household accounts locked

Recently I enrolled my brothers and parents into my BAEC household account, (my husband and daughter were already part of household), I encouraged all household members to join avios rewarding surveys which gave each of them few hundred avios for each individual BAEC account . This week, we got email to each household account that some unusual activity taken place due to which account has been locked and investigation will take 2 weeks. This happened to all our BAEC accounts. I am not sure what to do as every member of household had put effort into their surveys that should not have been problem with getting these avios transferred to our baec account. Any suggestions.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by trustn01
Recently I enrolled my brothers and parents into my BAEC household account, (my husband and daughter were already part of household), I encouraged all household members to join avios rewarding surveys which gave each of them few hundred avios for each individual BAEC account . This week, we got email to each household account that some unusual activity taken place due to which account has been locked and investigation will take 2 weeks. This happened to all our BAEC accounts. I am not sure what to do as every member of household had put effort into their surveys that should not have been problem with getting these avios transferred to our baec account. Any suggestions.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Do you, your husband, daughter, parents and all of your brothers all live at the same address? That is one of the requirements of a household account.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Finkface
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Do you, your husband, daughter, parents and all of your brothers all live at the same address? That is one of the requirements of a household account.
Indeed. Your guide to Household Accounts
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:02 pm

I think the thread title needs to be edited, I took it to mean ALL household accounts locked.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Finkface
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Was that not changed recently?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by TTmex
Was that not changed recently?
Not according to the BA website.

"If you’d like to make travelling together a more rewarding experience, then perhaps a Household Account is for you. It’s free to create, and means you can pool your Avios with up to six people who live with you"

https://www.britishairways.com/en-ca...ehold-accounts
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:58 pm

Terms and Conditions

Effective from 12 November 2021

What’s changed?

Household Accounts
  • Changes were made so that it is no longer required for all members of a Household Account to reside in the same address; and as such, each individual member in a Household Account can submit a change of address in relation to their own personal records.
source: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...and-conditions
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:03 am
Original Poster

All household members were living at same address since accounts were created. We have different surnames (not uncommon in my parents family) if that caused an issue?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by trustn01
All household members were living at same address since accounts were created. We have different surnames (not uncommon in my parents family) if that caused an issue?
your accounts are being audited. Ablarge njmber of people at the same address with different surnames all running the queationaire has probably set off some alarm bells.

Provided nothing untoward is going on the accounts will be unlcked in a couple of weeks as indicated in the mail you have received.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.