Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Approved COVID paperwork but can’t check-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I’m flying GLA-ORD tomorrow by BA-AA. Have uploaded my COVID paperwork and I’ve had the email to say it’s been verified but online check-in says that it’s not been verified. Any ideas on how to make the system cooperate?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
bring the paperwork and check in at the desk.

not worth the headache IMO, to try to fix BA's poor IT.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Dont worry about it.

Dont waste hours trying to fix it

Check in at the airport
Blackjackburger likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. Was hoping to avoid any more chaos in the early hours but slowly resigning myself to that outcome.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Airdens
I’m flying GLA-ORD tomorrow by BA-AA. Have uploaded my COVID paperwork and I’ve had the email to say it’s been verified but online check-in says that it’s not been verified. Any ideas on how to make the system cooperate?
Verifly doesn't unlock online check-in when you're on a BA-AA connecting itinerary. I've tried everything and it just doesn't work. Show the Verifly tick at the check-in desk and they'll sort you out.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by sigma421
Verifly doesn't unlock online check-in when you're on a BA-AA connecting itinerary. I've tried everything and it just doesn't work. Show the Verifly tick at the check-in desk and they'll sort you out.
Correct. (I believe that) The reason behind this is that the 'document checked' flag has only been ticked for the transatlantic part of the itinerary having used VeriFLY, however the requirement is activated for both sectors.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

That’s really useful thanks. Shame it can’t be sorted but glad there’s nothing sinister behind it.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Yea, BA-BA (VIE-BOS via LHR), all done via VeriFLY and it still didn’t allow me to check-in online. It’s hit and miss, I’ve had it work on some and not work on others. However one good thing is that irrespective of whether it allows online check-in or not, the VeriFLY tick does significantly speed up things at the airport. More often than not they don’t even ask you to show any documents or even the VeriFLY tick as they can already see it on the system! So that is one big advantage
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
VIE-LHR-JFK on BA-BA the other day - no one checked any docs (not even my GC). In fact, I asked the agent and he said that they didn't check them.
(Enjoy the lounge in VIE.)
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:20 pm

BA IT systems are crap at present in this regard, told me 2 weeks ago that it wouldn't let me print my boarding pass as my paperwork wasn't in order, next day at check in printed off without asking to see any vaccination records as they were already there !!. Same on return journey this week. For my next trip it is presently telling me that I will need to inform Spain of my seat number in advance, Spain dropped this requirement a while back.
Don't lose a seconds sleep over it, I was surrounded by people in the same boat at LCY.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Does Verifly unlock online checkin if it’s a BA to BA connection? I’m doing AMS-LHR-SAN in two weeks. As no docs needed for AMS-LHR it’s just the LHR-SAN sector I assume for Verifly? Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by jimkwatson
Does Verifly unlock online checkin if it’s a BA to BA connection? I’m doing AMS-LHR-SAN in two weeks. As no docs needed for AMS-LHR it’s just the LHR-SAN sector I assume for Verifly? Thanks.
Haven’t done one of those (yet) but from the other post above, it sounds like it may not. I assumed it was a BA/AA systems communication issue but it sounds like it may just be BA failing to account for connecting PAX when designing a system. Wouldn’t be the first time…
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jimkwatson
Yes. You’d only do it for the SAN sector and you’d select “A Trip to the United States” as your option on VeriFLY. It should unlock check-in but as you can see from the VeriFLY experiences thread and posts above, it is very hit and miss. However I’d still recommend doing it as it definitely helps at the airport even if it doesn’t unlock check-in as they never ask for documents at the airport if VeriFLY has been done. Additionally they rarely even ask to see VeriFLY green tick also. Another advantage is that your US COVID declaration is also embedded into VeriFLY so saves you needing to print it off and hand in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.