Bag check for second part of trip

Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Question Bag check for second part of trip

Hi all

I know this has been possible in the past but what is the latest policy on BA checking in bags for a flight in the middle of an itinierary.

So, I've got a trip coming up, Dub-Lhr-LAX. Travelling to Dub earlier that day. What are the chances of being able to check the bags for the LHR-LAX portion of the trip before setting off to Dub and back? It will make things a lot easier.

This could be further complicated by the fact the ticket has been purchased through AA, and it's an AA flight LHR-LAX (but definartely departing Terminal 5 so will be BA check-in system)

Cheers
TT
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Hi all

I know this has been possible in the past but what is the latest policy on BA checking in bags for a flight in the middle of an itinierary.

So, I've got a trip coming up, Dub-Lhr-LAX. Travelling to Dub earlier that day. What are the chances of being able to check the bags for the LHR-LAX portion of the trip before setting off to Dub and back? It will make things a lot easier.

This could be further complicated by the fact the ticket has been purchased through AA, and it's an AA flight LHR-LAX (but definartely departing Terminal 5 so will be BA check-in system)

Cheers
TT
Another thread on the same issue today: Checking in baggage during a stopover
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And I think this one addresses exactly what the OP is asking about: Dropping bag at T3 prior to DUB B2B
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Thanks Globaliser, that is exactly my question, sorry I didn't find it before.
Globaliser likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.