Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to tell which flight is the inbound flight that turns into my outbound??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Im flying fao-lgw this eve (BA2855), Ive had various alerts about delays, but wondering how i find out which inbound flight will become BA2855?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Im flying fao-lgw this eve (BA2855), Ive had various alerts about delays, but wondering how i find out which inbound flight will become BA2855?
In turn:Amend the second and third steps as appropriate if you see the allocated aircraft change.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Flightradar24 is one option :
< same answer, but sexier >

TedToToe and babyg_wc like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
If you look on FlightRadar24 this will (probably) give you the tail number of the aircraft that's allocated to your flight. If you then search for that tail number it will show you what the aircraft is currently up to, and its next scheduled movements. Not infallible, as these are always subject to change, but it should give you a good indication.

Currently FR24 shows BA2855 as departing on time and operated by G-GATS. This is currently shown as en route from PMI to LGW, expected to land 20 mins early, so any delay notification doesn't look like it's due to a late inbound aircraft.
[Edited to add: beaten to it while I was typing!]
babyg_wc likes this.

Last edited by speedbird66; Jun 1, 2022 at 8:41 am Reason: Beaten to it!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
According to FlightRadar24, the 2855 will be operated by G-GATS.

G-GATS is having a busy day. It started off today (1st June) at LGW and operated the BA2878 to Palma de Mallorca and then returned to LGW as the 2879. It's then heading to Faro as the 2854 in order to take you back on the 2855.

Of course, some of this may change during the day.
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
In turn:Amend the second and third steps as appropriate if you see the allocated aircraft change.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Flightradar24 is one option :
< same answer, but sexier >

Originally Posted by speedbird66
If you look on FlightRadar24 this will (probably) give you the tail number of the aircraft that's allocated to your flight. If you then search for that tail number it will show you what the aircraft is currently up to, and its next scheduled movements. Not infallible, as these are always subject to change, but it should give you a good indication.

Currently FR24 shows BA2855 as departing on time and operated by G-GATS. This is currently shown as en route from PMI to LGW, expected to land 20 mins early, so any delay notification doesn't look like it's due to a late inbound aircraft.
[Edited to add: beaten to it while I was typing!]
Originally Posted by golfmad
According to FlightRadar24, the 2855 will be operated by G-GATS.

G-GATS is having a busy day. It started off today (1st June) at LGW and operated the BA2878 to Palma de Mallorca and then returned to LGW as the 2879. It's then heading to Faro as the 2854 in order to take you back on the 2855.

Of course, some of this may change during the day.
most excellent - this is what flyertalk is so good at, thanks all that replied.
I will now track my inbound flight to make sure i optimize sun2boarding ratio... cheers all.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:38 am

FR24 is invaluable for this. Had a connection at LAX with AS recently

Using the onboard wifi, I could see the assigned aircraft was way behind schedule on earlier flights, so was looking like a big delay, so started looking at alternatives.

When the notification came through, e-mailed the BA Holidays Duty Office straight away, and they moved me onto an earlier connection. Worked out perfect in the end.

If I had waited until I was informed the connection was going to be delayed - it would have been too late.
babyg_wc and SUPERTRAVEL like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:00 am

I find that flightview is good for flight tracking as it shows the previous flight and also a map with weather conditions when airborne.

Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mguinness
I find that flightview is good for flight tracking as it shows the previous flight and also a map with weather conditions when airborne.

ah thanks for this.. very useful.... flight delayed by an hour.. but got bumped UP to club (from exit row)... guess the champagne will ease the pain...
mguinness likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.