Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Which alternative airline would you let BA book you into, business class, long haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which alternative airline would you let BA book you into, business class, long haul?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I've done a few segments on IB this year and can't agree with this assessment. Every flight was perfectly fine.
There is a general consensus that IB is known for their subpar customer services. Both on the ground and on air. Most of my experiences have been average to bad. On the other hand the food was very good, good PE and J seats on A350 and all my flights were on time.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ermis177
There is a general consensus that IB is known for their subpar customer services. Both on the ground and on air.
The posts on this thread seem to indicate otherwise.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by LCY8737
The posts on this thread seem to indicate otherwise.
I really don’t want to comment regarding the ‘posts’…
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The only worry I’d have flying business on Iberia between MAD and TLV at the moment is the risk of an aircraft sub from a mainline IB A330-200 to a Level A330-200. This appears to happen once or twice each week. Other than that IB’s service is fine
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ermis177
The service is usually atrocious. I have done a few long haul and short haul this year and they will do the absolute minimum when it comes to service and disappear. It feels like they simply don’t want to be there. I assume the last time you flew with them is around 20-30 years ago? I am not sure how the service used to be.
Absolutely not my experience. My IB flights have been consistently very good to excellent especially in J (what the OP is asking about) so count me out of the "consensus". In terms of airline (as opposed to routing which the OP mentioned separately), I genuinely cannot understand rejecting IB to be willing to accept AY whilst in my view, IB to TLV is an infinitely superior product to AY.

And to be clear, as noted by others, the OP was given more than two weeks notice, so no compensation will be due.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Some internet research suggested the planes are older and service subpar. I have no personal experience, but I do love Spain's culture, food and cities. England I only love the culture and cities. Ha.

But I also wanted to use this cancellation to my benefit in all honesty, I have a friend I can see in London, it's the Jubilee, I don't need to be in Israel until Tuesday next week...
Let us know what happens. To be honest I've read umpteen Iberia 'horror' stories over the years and I've yet to have a negative experience either in economy or business class with them. Other customers are obviously much harder to please!!
TPJ and Ramos like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
The main problem of the OP is this sort of pandering:

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Now, because BA would be handing me over to AA, I don't think they'd know what I paid, but maybe?
It's not like you have plenty of days and hours left to your departure, but yet you're still on FlyerTalk posting a thread - sorry, double posting a thread, with questions that are no longer relevant. You should have prioritised rebooking yourself at the first possible opportunity. Not in the final hours before departure.

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
You posted exactly the same question in the AA forum, which is not allowed on FT.
I assume nobody has done anything about this yet? Should close the thread not relevant for the ticketing carrier.

Originally Posted by Jeedos
Also, surely, the most important aspect is getting to your destination rather than being picky with who gets you there?
Indeed, so very true. TLV would've been easily doable with five different OW airlines, but it should have been handled days ago. And it's also silly to make loads of assumptions about IB and waste time on the rebooking of a very simple itinerary. Well, hopefully the OP learns to be a bit more practical next time.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So, Carolina2Cali , what happened?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It's a pity that the OP hasn't returned to update the forum, particularly after asking for (and receiving) so much advice, but he's recently been in the RJ forum asking about an economy-class flight he has booked to Tel Aviv so things don't appear to have gone entirely to plan...
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Originally Posted by Misco60
It's a pity that the OP hasn't returned to update the forum, particularly after asking for (and receiving) so much advice, but he's recently been in the RJ forum asking about an economy-class flight he has booked to Tel Aviv so things don't appear to have gone entirely to plan...
Sorry, I don't recall seeing this tag, and/or I was in the midst of crazy traveling... I used all the advice given to make the best educated guesses as to how to move forward, and here's what I did.

Called the night before to make sure I wouldn't have my return flights cancelled if I didn't take the LHR-TLV leg, told all was fine, don't need to do anything. He didn't sound, confident, so I called again at 6 am and got someone else who did, and he "removed" the cancelled leg from my record and then said all should now be fine. Both told me I wouldn't know the "Refund" for the leg until I returned back to the States. I submitted a form/request and will now wait (apparently up until 10 weeks) to see what they deem appropriate for the refund. First leg went relatively fine minus the privacy door being stuck and reaching into the cupholder and grabbing some really gross used earbuds by accident. I then hung out in London for 5 days, enjoyed the Jubilee, paid my butt off in points to stay at the Hyatt East London after my friend's I was crashing left London (Andaz Hyatt). Then booked on RJ with a 23 hour layover in Amman, from LHR-AMM-TLV. Enjoyed the Hyatt in Amman very much, and the airport lounge was lovely! Arrival to TLV was fine, but leaving TLV on El Al for Italy and then returning to TLV were pure nightmares. I recommend everyone avoid TLV airport at all costs and if you must visit, plan for several hours at one of many securities. Plenty of issues with the plane returning back to LAX which I added into my comments to BA, but in terms of the actual flight following schedule, short of some delays, it went ok. Major props to BA flight attendant Emilio for crawling all over the ground to manually lower or raise my lie-flat seat and the neighbors on either side of me (one who eventually had to move permanently and one who had to sit in a different seat for takeoff and landing), and to the pilot who was cheeky about all of our delays. Less props to the gate agent who lied and said they were cleaning the plane from LHR-LAX for just 5 more minutes, for two hours, lol. Anyways, thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.