Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Heathrow over the Jubilee Bank Holidays 31 May - 6 June 2022

Heathrow over the Jubilee Bank Holidays 31 May - 6 June 2022

Old Jun 2, 22, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just arrived in T5 GF and no chaos here yet - even some free seats! Connections security took about 15 minutes to get through, pleasantly surprised.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 1:57 am

CCR quite busy this morning but transition through TFW very quick & smooth. A guy asleep on a terrace sofa taking up space! Off to Newark this morning and hoping not stormy there!
aks120 and MartinJS like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mike Skyflier View Post
Off to Newark this morning and hoping not stormy there!
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Mike Skyflier View Post
CCR quite busy this morning but transition through TFW very quick & smooth. A guy asleep on a terrace sofa taking up space! Off to Newark this morning and hoping not stormy there!
Well you definitely should have taken the train. Perhaps you’ll pass aks120 en route
aks120, wrp96 and Mike Skyflier like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC
T3 security at 8:25 not too bad. Fast track would have been through in about 15 minutes if not for secondary screening. Non fast track didn’t look as bad as it has done. Queue wasn’t stretching past fast track when we came through.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:17 am

Hopped from T5 to T3 this morning. Cleared T3 security around 8:30a too. All good. And the staff were extra chatty and nice today.
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:04 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
First wing ok at 09:15; Had to wait 2 or 3 minutes as checking a bag. 2 security lanes so straight through. Lounge busy but feels calm.
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:09 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
For anyone worried - the Piccadilly Line is empty at the moment! I am the only one in my carriage!

aks120
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Bronze)
Tweet from the Airlive account today:

Scaremongering, click bait nonsense as these flights were already cancelled pro-actively several weeks ago? Or are these new cancellations which have only been implemented today?
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
T5 seems remarkably quiet this morning (10:00). I walked straight into the First Wing, and there were no queues for either security line. I was through and in the lounge about 5 mins after being dropped off outside.

PS why is my post time showing an hour earlier than actual time?!
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue View Post
Tweet from the Airlive account today:

Scaremongering, click bait nonsense as these flights were already cancelled pro-actively several weeks ago? Or are these new cancellations which have only been implemented today?

standard Airlive clickbait. They were harping on about some hungry Chinese missile a few days ago that was looking for a meal.
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue View Post
Click bait centred on a stretched interpretation of the word "is".
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 3:38 am

Not sure if it is of any interest, today’s fly past route for those in west London and into Berkshire. Good vantage points at Heathrow will be Bath Rd, Galleries North lounge, and for those more freely able to move, the rooftop of the new Hilton garden inn roof top bar in the central terminal area.

Heathrow at 1308 Local And Windsor 1309. The grey dotted line is the path. Hammersmith, Chiswick and Kew will get good views too. If you are further out to the west, Reading at 1312 local for your inner avgeek needs.

If you are airside in T5 I’d recommend the terrace in the north lounge.

Old Jun 2, 22, 4:28 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Absolutely no issues going through F Wing today - actually not seen it that quiet for a while! Only faff I have had today is with ExpressTest - my booking said go to Departures, they have closed that one so I went back down stairs to their site there. Once I had been swabbed the lady said oh you will have your results back in 40 mins……. that is quick on a 4hr PCR Test and oh and shouldn’t you swab my throat……. Awkward silence, lots of looking at my booking…….. let’s do that again shall we! Heaven knows what result I will get! Thank god I knew the difference.

aks120
Old Jun 2, 22, 5:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aks120 View Post
Absolutely no issues going through F Wing today - actually not seen it that quiet for a while! Only faff I have had today is with ExpressTest - my booking said go to Departures, they have closed that one so I went back down stairs to their site there. Once I had been swabbed the lady said oh you will have your results back in 40 mins……. that is quick on a 4hr PCR Test and oh and shouldn’t you swab my throat……. Awkward silence, lots of looking at my booking…….. let’s do that again shall we! Heaven knows what result I will get! Thank god I knew the difference.

aks120
Potentially self defeating to encourage them to swab you more effectively? Hope it’s negative!
becks1 likes this.

Search this Thread