Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Heathrow over the Jubilee Bank Holidays 31 May - 6 June 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow over the Jubilee Bank Holidays 31 May - 6 June 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Misco60
The Guardian has a photograph of what it says is the queue for security at Heathrow on Wednesday 1 June.

is that T3?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I think there’s blame to be apportioned to many here - Government, airlines, airports, handlers. But to say it’s entirely the airport or airline’s fault is false; recruitment has long been planned by the various different parties it takes to get a passenger airborne, but Government security checks for passes are taking an inordinate amount of time to process, meaning new starters aren’t able to actually start when first envisaged.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
is that T3?
Definitely looks like it!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
There is a set of physical stairs opposite E which will take you directly up to Fastrack. The lift operates only when things aren’t too bad.

Currently small queue for Fastrack but quite chunky for the cheap seats.
This morning they were actively guiding Fastrack customers to the lifts. At the moment I think the best bet is just to ask the LHR (rather than BA) people where to go. It feels like they are opening and closing things quite often.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:53 pm

If one has a choice of a departure airport (0800 from LGW or 0900 from LHR T3), with fast track in either case, is there a sense of which is likely to be less apocalyptic?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LGW would be better. There may be a lot of people in the queue but it moves swiftly. T3 is boxed in by the geography of walls.
prof and ExpatExp like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I went through LHR T5 and T2 mid afternoon today. Not quite chaotic but in a downward spiral that had every indication of imminent chaos. My baggage - which was checked in yesterday by QR in the Middle East - didn't reach my final destination (presumably its now somewhere in the belly of LHR from which it may emerge, if I'm lucky, several days hence) and many others who connected at LHR onto the same flight had similar experiences i.e. it appears that plenty of baggage wasn't loaded.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Punctuality is very poor this evening at T5. What’s the reason? Lack of ground staff?

I have heard there’s informal industrial action / go slow with the ground staff.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There were several late cancellations this evening, including my MAN which was cancelled at T-25mins. There were 4 cancelled domestics and a NCE. A couple of DYKWIA performances in the CCR.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I flew out from LCY this evening which was a delight. I'm glad I avoided Heathrow! A couple of minor DYKWIA there too, especially when "volunteers" gave up their luggage for priority boarding rights 😅. "Are these all group 1? They only asked for 12 volunteers!"

Coming back on Sunday via Heathrow might be a bit different. Hopefully BF are staffed enough to handle the end of half term and a 4-day weekend!

Safe travels everyone.
wrp96 and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
A bit late, but I tried to change in LHR T5 on Monday (about 11:30am I think). Flight connections had no Fast Track (no surprise) and the Slow Track was definitely slow - backed up to the BP checking gates to the extent they weren't letting anyone else in. So I turned on my heel and went through immigration (super fast), and apart from the normal exit from the baggage hall being closed, had an unimpeded journey up to First Wing and through into the CCR. Departures seemed positively quiet. I have a feeling I won't be so lucky doing the same thing on Saturday PM coming off the TATL.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But in your case, I would still go for 2 hours, and follow the advice in post 1 if you haven't got to security around an hour to departure, as a Plan B.
Thank you. I went for this, got to the terminal at 5.15 and breezed through. I don’t have a baseline for normal but bag drop queue was <2 minutes and North security <1 minute. No signs of chaos in T5 this early at least.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I am heading into the storm so wish me luck - will report back. Day has not started well as my LNER was 30 mins late leaving Newark! Oh well - I have all day to get to Paris and I am definitely HBO!

aks120
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by aks120
I am heading into the storm so wish me luck - will report back. Day has not started well as my LNER was 30 mins late leaving Newark! Oh well - I have all day to get to Paris and I am definitely HBO!

aks120
Well it goes without saying that Eurostar would’ve been the more civilised option for you post-LNER, but I’m guessing it was more spenny than your flight. The queues at St Pancras are also pretty bad this week to be fair.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well it goes without saying that Eurostar would’ve been the more civilised option for you post-LNER, but I’m guessing it was more spenny than your flight. The queues at St Pancras are also pretty bad this week to be fair.
Yeah - but I couldn’t use AVIOS and …. quite frankly it never occurred to me to take the train to Paris

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.