Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flights showing as operated by “BA Mainline Prime Lhr Shorthaul” in MMB

Flights showing as operated by “BA Mainline Prime Lhr Shorthaul” in MMB

Old May 31, 2022, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yes
Result - I had booked my flights yesterday, and went for slightly inconvenient times to save some money. Just had an official email notification informing me of my flights now being operated by Iberia, containing the cryptic words
If you're happy to travel as booked, you don't need to do anything further. However, if you do not wish to travel on one of these services, we have some options available to you including changing to alternative British Airways operated services.
So I called the Silver line, and after about 25 minutes of hammering the chat with "agent" at the same time, I actually connected on the phone and on the chat in parallel, and I was indeed able to rebook onto BA operated flights at much more convenient times.

Therefore, if anyone is more keen on a BA operated flight time, now is your chance I wouldn't be too bothered by Iberia operating the flight and by the sounds of it a lot of people here don't care either, but some flight times might be more convenient for you on BA...
Bluekjp likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BA aircraft have a minimum of 3 rows of CE, so anything less than that will be an IB or AY aircraft.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:06 pm
Original Member

Believe this is also makes possible an immediate refund possibility, as it is a change of carrier.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by bmiStar
Has Iberia Express A320 written all over it.
Not necessarily. IB-madre A320s (at least) can have a single row of J.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Just had the same on a BCN - LHR flight next Tuesday, don't mind who operates it, but I'm not happy with the fact myself and the other half were in 1D/1F have now been split into 1F and 2F with somebody else in 1D - how can a simple change of plane operator (same plane type!) generate a mess in terms of seating!

Pilot37
similar experience. BCN-LHR next week - pre-booked 1A & 1C (same booking, both Gold), one of us moved to 1A, the other 2D.

frustrating interaction with Chat (human) suggested 1C was now a bassinet and so not bookable. Really unhelpful exchange. Then 15 mins later I tried mmb and bingo:1C available.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Has anyone got any experience of one of these flights? I understand it's (for example) Finnair aircraft, cabin and flight crew, but onboard service like food and drink is done to the BA standard with BA catering. Anything else to note?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I’m due back from Barcelona on one of these flights tomorrow morning so I’ll let you know!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
I’m due back from Barcelona on one of these flights tomorrow morning so I’ll let you know!
Maybe you could ask the cabin crew what “Mainline Prime” is actually meant to mean as well. Sounds really impressive- I’m expecting a Pullman-style vibe.

My ALC-LGW “mainline prime” flight later this month departs at 01.30 though so frankly as long as it has a seat with my seat number on it, I’ll be happy.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Oddly on our BA777 ARN-LHR which has just switched over to the 'mainline' all 8 CE swats are occupied, yet expert flyer is still showing 9(+) seats available.
will the service in CE still be CE?

Last edited by CKBA; Jun 1, 2022 at 6:38 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Also same flight change for July 2nd to Faro from Heathrow!

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet

Please do let us know what the flight is like. If it is actually a BA plane.

Was quite looking forward to my first trip with BA, let’s see! If you could kindly let us know would be great, bit worried tbh about all these changes!

Below is what I was sent from them;

OPERATED BY BA MAINLINE PRIME LHR SHORTHAUL
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Arrived to LGW for my flight to Seville today to find it noted on the boarding pass now as “operated by Iberia Express” and sure enough it is…

Iberia express A320-200 clase tourista
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Has anyone got any experience of one of these flights? I understand it's (for example) Finnair aircraft, cabin and flight crew, but onboard service like food and drink is done to the BA standard with BA catering. Anything else to note?
I was on a BA BUD-LHR flight operated by Finnair this weekend.

Aircraft and crew are Finnair, safety briefing is an odd hybrid, cabin announcements are largely BA-specific, GGL greeting/extra drink service happened, and normal BA bar and food catering.

Lol, we even had the signature BA wait for guidance system and stairs/bus upon arrival at LHR.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by endoman
Also just received email for a flight to BER on 20 August. Email says Iberia, MMB says "BA Mainline Prime Lhr Shorthaul"
We are in Y anyway in exit row, and that still seems to be the case so will just go with the flow. MMB shows it as a A320, EF sayings it's operated by Iberia and there are currently 5 club rows.
This has now changed back to a BA A319. Good job I checked as I'd lost exit row seats. No seats for sale on this, and it's one of only 2 BER flights from LHR that day. I presume that's connected with the, Please don't sell any tickets thing. Expecting a cancellation notice any time soon...

Last edited by endoman; Jul 20, 2022 at 10:43 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.