Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Reqd

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Advice Reqd

Morning all just looking for some advice on options due to probably missing my connection.

I am booked on the BA254 from BGI to LHR this afternoon and the flight has just left LHR and is expected to be just over 1 hour 20 mins late. The delay means I miss my connecting flight from LHR to ABZ on the BA 1306 that leaves LHR @ 08:45 since I am not expected to land into LHR on the first flight from BGI until 08:12 especially since I have to transit through security and from T3 to T5.

Now looking at the BA website there is no other BA flights to ABZ until 21:05 and this is not showing on the BA search probably due to that flight being full and the BA search only coming up with options of

11:05 LHR - BFS
12:30 BFS - BHM
19:45 BHM-ABZ

or

11:05 LHR - BFS
16:00 BFS - ABZ

What are my options when I make it to T5 as I presume I just go to the BA desk in T5 and they will advise me, but what should I agree to or not.

As a BA bronze can I request lounge access as a goodwill gesture, despite not being silver to make the wait a bit easier after a night flight ?

Does EU261 come into play at all and if so is it the worldwide part or just the european part.

Thanks In advance all.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is all on one ticket right?

If so, time to final destination dictates EC261 possibility, as well as the reason for the delay. Would be the worldwide part if it applies.

You can ask about lounge access, but expect a polite refusal. They are on the hook potentially for duty of care which is food and not booze and possibly hotel depending on the delay, so that's not a bad alternative.

BA should sort you out at the transfer desk. It doesn't hurt if you have options worked out.

Last edited by bisonrav; May 28, 2022 at 6:45 am
Old May 28, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response.

Yes on 1 PNR and all the delay says on app is delayed due to late flight arrival.

The BA255 heading to BGI is now unknown on FR24 so may not even have left LHR at its delayed time.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flight took off from LHR 1 minute ago.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PIKnic
Flight took off from LHR 1 minute ago.
Thanks PIKnic.

Wife is getting a bit stressed and me advising this would always have been a possibility if the inbound flight was delayed hasn't helped (i need to learn to keep quiet sometimes). No point stressing about it and just have some rum punch instead.

Can I tell BA to put me on the LHR-BFS-ABZ flight when I get to T5 if they don't give me that option as that seems the earliest flight back to ABZ
jokerjokerj likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I expect you to be moved to the 12.05, it’s full but not by much.
You will be rebooked while inflight, logging into the Wi-Fi and you can see for free.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:09 am

You'll get EU261 compo based on your arrival time in Aberdeen. Domestic looks very difficult tomorrow - your latter option is actually pretty reasonable, the BHD-ABZ flight is a Loganair flight but has a BA code and I think you'd manage to get the transfer desk to put you on it. Something may appear in the app during your flight so worth connecting to the WiFi or checking as soon as you land at LHR (though the next flight with Aberdeen availability is Monday night! - EDI/GLA not looking much better) Easyjet is full to Aberdeen until Monday night
SheepyAFC likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would work on the basis of asking rather than telling. Just give them both the BA codeshare and LM prime flight numbers. The problem would be if the agent hasn't got ticketing rights since that change needs a ticket reissue. You may need to call the contact centre. I would ask about the lounge. They should offer food vouchers but if you need more value then that can be claimed later, so long as it's reasonable.
SheepyAFC likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
Thanks PIKnic.

Wife is getting a bit stressed and me advising this would always have been a possibility if the inbound flight was delayed hasn't helped (i need to learn to keep quiet sometimes). No point stressing about it and just have some rum punch instead.

Can I tell BA to put me on the LHR-BFS-ABZ flight when I get to T5 if they don't give me that option as that seems the earliest flight back to ABZ
There’s no harm in asking at BGI, They may have less flexibility in what they can offer being an outstation but it can’t hurt. The BA manager at GND was very helpful when we ran into an issue a few years ago.
SheepyAFC likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I expect you to be moved to the 12.05, it’s full but not by much.
You will be rebooked while inflight, logging into the Wi-Fi and you can see for free.
Thanks CIHY

I could only see 2 flights from LHR-ABZ on Sunday.

BA1306 @ 08:45 & BA1318 @ 21:05 as found that by searching on next Sundays flights since its not showing for tomorrows search.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I just took a look at Expert Flyer, these are all the flights operating to ABZ tomorrow from LHR, though many are zeroed out (which is why BA.com isn't showing them).
Attached Images  
Old May 28, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
Thanks CIHY

I could only see 2 flights from LHR-ABZ on Sunday.

BA1306 @ 08:45 & BA1318 @ 21:05 as found that by searching on next Sundays flights since its not showing for tomorrows search.
Good luck. I was in similar position yesterday. Missed my 1205 flight to ABZ due to late arrival from AUS. BA rebooked me on to next available flight which was more than 8 hours later. Fortunately we had access to lounge but it makes a long day a lot longer. They had previously cancelled 2 other flights for yesterday leaving existing services pretty stretched.
Keep an eye out as you get to top of air bridge on arrival, they met us there with our rebooking pack. It contained new Bps and there was also a letter enclosed explaining what they had done. It did say that they would include vouchers for food and drink if delay was more than 2 hours, but unfortunately no vouchers in our pack.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:06 am

You can ask for whatever you want, the more you know about what you want the better chance you have of getting it. Do look to see if there is a greeter when you get off the flight. I have had connections I was sure I was
goi g to miss only to have a greeter as I get off hustle us thru to a connecting flight.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
There’s no harm in asking at BGI, They may have less flexibility in what they can offer being an outstation but it can’t hurt. The BA manager at GND was very helpful when we ran into an issue a few years ago.
Oh and I would get to the airport early if you want to see if they can do anything as they might need to contact someone in the UK.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The 12.05 is not operating but I think you may make your connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.