Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5 overcrowding: when will QR and AA leave?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 overcrowding: when will QR and AA leave?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by skipness1E
Been coming for years, they were with Menzies in T3 and back then, BA was the only handling option in any move to T5. Now both Menzies (AA) and Cobalt (QR) handle in T5. BA have always been uncompetitive handling others in recent years, they lost American to Menzies very quickly.
I wonder if IB/QR/AA would rather move everything back to T3/T4 given BA's mismanagement has a wider detrimental impact on T5 operations beyond handling agents.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SW7London
I wonder if IB/QR/AA would rather move everything back to T3/T4 given BA's mismanagement has a wider detrimental impact on T5 operations beyond handling agents.
We can live in hope 🤞🏻
MaxFlyer, skiaplg, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Must say the CCR was as busy as I can remember yesterday at around 2. There was almost nowhere to sit down by myself. I think it was made worse by part of the terrace being roped off for an in invitation only event. I assumed it was another of those “meet and greet” events for high value GGLs but I was told by one of the staff that it had something to do with the launch of the Portland service (which has no F cabin).
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Was in the CCR in the morning seemed more Americans than other nationalities but not too busy. Had to request our breakfast order to be taken even though plenty of staff about.
Roped off area was there on the terrace from early morning and they were starting to dress it up as we left about 0815. Loads of “suits” about the terminal in groups with their BA I.D.s.
Last time we were in the CCR there was a sofa and associated chairs roped off with fruit on the table out on the terrace.What looked like a very senior staff member was floating about checking everything . I felt that we got an inquisitive look to see if we were suitable neighbours for the guests. As it was they were a very nice young family who we got chatting to and were also our neighbours on the flight to Singapore.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Had a couple of emails last night saying that my AA flights to and from JFK were going from T3 next month.
Handy as connecting in T3, so o T3-T5 transfer now

That will take a few premium passengers away from the CCR and GF. Hopefully they don't fill the CX and QF lounges instead.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Surely AA need to open their T3 lounge soon, especially when JKF moves to T3. On my last few visits to the CX lounge it has been very busy, with what seemed like mostly Americans (who I assumed were mostly AA pax) therefore I fear it will be overcrowded at peak times and unable to accommodate all that want to use it unless AA re-open their own lounge.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; Jul 5, 2022 at 2:42 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The AA lounges are indeed reopening when AA moves everything back to T3.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:01 am

BA’s advertising suggests that their lounges are calm and elegant and a place to relax and recharge. The promotional photo also shows one person in the lounge! The experience is no longer calm or relaxing but there are genuinely very calm non lounge spots around T5 (which I will keep a secret).

With the summer peak upon us, should there not be a child free lounge zone, too? I was sat opposite a child using a lounge sofa as a trampoline last week and the floor area full of crisps and half chewed food. Yes, I tried to move but it was standing room only.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
The AA lounges are indeed reopening when AA moves everything back to T3.
When is that?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Door5L
BA’s advertising suggests that their lounges are calm and elegant and a place to relax and recharge. The promotional photo also shows one person in the lounge! The experience is no longer calm or relaxing but there are genuinely very calm non lounge spots around T5 (which I will keep a secret).

With the summer peak upon us, should there not be a child free lounge zone, too? I was sat opposite a child using a lounge sofa as a trampoline last week and the floor area full of crisps and half chewed food. Yes, I tried to move but it was standing room only.
You must go to C gates then and walk back via the tunnel?

re lounges, try T5B....
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
When is that?
I believe the move to T3 happens on 12 July, which is when AA and IB move all their flights back over.

Specific to the lounge question, I don't know, but as the other poster said they reopen when AA move, one would presume it's somewhere around then.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I believe the move to T3 happens on 12 July, which is when AA and IB move all their flights back over.

Specific to the lounge question, I don't know, but as the other poster said they reopen when AA move, one would presume it's somewhere around then.
Thats the thing, if they were reopening in 7 days time, wouldn't there be a press launch?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Thats the thing, if they were reopening in 7 days time, wouldn't there be a press launch?
I wouldn't have expected it if it's just a reopening of formerly closed facilities... if they've gone and completed a renovation, then yes, a press launch would be expected.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Door5L
I was in the lounge 5am the Sunday before last and even then, minutes after it opened, there must have been 100 people in the South lounge at T5.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by xenole
That will take a few premium passengers away from the CCR and GF. Hopefully they don't fill the CX and QF lounges instead.
Agreed, because those are the two lounges I will be heading to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.