Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot update passport details in BA API

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
I have the same problem and couldn't amend the API in my main EC account to show my new passport number - it let me enter the details but then I got the logout/login message and it didn't save. I followed the advice here and did a test run within an existing booking to change the passport number within it. This worked and it also gave me the option to save the passport number in my main API which I did. Once I'd logged out and logged back in again (honestly, is this really still an issue?!), I could see the passport number had updated in my main API but when I went to check my remaining individual bookings, it was still showing my old passport number. This means I will have to go into each booking to update but this shouldn't take too long, despite having to logout/login for every booking! The only interesting ones are the couple of flights we booked through Travelup for the amazing Finnair fares to HEL as these don't seem to give the option to amend the API. Does anyone have any ideas for this or will we find there are no details in there anyway due to it being booked through Travelup? Should I anticipate any issues when trying to check-in do you think? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
BA's IT is notoriously bad, shockingly bad. I've not had the logged in other browser one yet, but I did have to find my other halfs old passport (which the home office returned luckily) in order to find a previous booking, when she had a new passport. It just wouldn't let me anywhere near it. When I got in, they'd lost the last three letters off her surname. If I'm seeing database errors visible at that level, imagine what's lurking underneath.
prof likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
I have the same problem and couldn't amend the API in my main EC account to show my new passport number - it let me enter the details but then I got the logout/login message and it didn't save. I followed the advice here and did a test run within an existing booking to change the passport number within it. This worked and it also gave me the option to save the passport number in my main API which I did. Once I'd logged out and logged back in again (honestly, is this really still an issue?!), I could see the passport number had updated in my main API but when I went to check my remaining individual bookings, it was still showing my old passport number. This means I will have to go into each booking to update but this shouldn't take too long, despite having to logout/login for every booking! The only interesting ones are the couple of flights we booked through Travelup for the amazing Finnair fares to HEL as these don't seem to give the option to amend the API. Does anyone have any ideas for this or will we find there are no details in there anyway due to it being booked through Travelup? Should I anticipate any issues when trying to check-in do you think? Thanks in advance.
A recent post suggested using SriLankan website (Manage my Booking) to amend details easily. just need name and PNR. ?
PlaneSpeaking and the ferret like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
A recent post suggested using SriLankan website (Manage my Booking) to amend details easily. just need name and PNR. ?
Thanks for this. I can see the passport number on the Sri Lankan site but I can’t amend it unfortunately.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:40 pm

Hi. This was so helpful. My passport renewed since i booked my flight. On BA.com it asked you for the passport no to amend you API, but I didn't know my old passport. Had same issue going through the account to update the old you are already logged in nonsense. flight was booked with an Amex companion Voucher. i tried the Quantas route, but said booked by an agent. i then tried Sri lankan which helpful displayed my old passport number although I couldn't amend on there. so I went back to Ba.com to the API section and was ble ot now put in the passport number of the original booking and that let me in to update to my new passport details.

What a ridiculous system!!!! However thanks to the suggestion on this thread found a way round it
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:30 am

2 passports lead to conflicts on Ba.com

I have the same problem. Got dual citizenship. If floating between passports the BA rep said it’s best not to load APIS details on to my account.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
For what it's worth, I'm also having the "You are already logged in with a different account" error. The BA Silver Line could not make the change themselves, but gave me a link to submit a copy of my passport and request that my details are changed.. www.ba.com/ecsupportingdocs
Changed my wife's passport details with no problem.

EDIT: Change completed 23 Sept.

Last edited by apacuk; Sep 23, 2023 at 10:05 am Reason: Added information
Old Oct 12, 2023, 1:55 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I'm having this same issue. Seems crazy this problem hasn't been fixed by BA given how long people have been encountering it! But that's BA's IT for you!

Thanks apacuk for sharing the link you used. I have submitted my details and a copy of my passport, hopefully that will do the trick!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:55 pm

Passport details

It would seem you can only do this within each individual booking in Manage my booking.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:03 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I just renewed my passport and also could not update my profile on BA. I just rang the exec club and they updated it over the phone.

In case it matters, I was in the middle of a trip at the time (RUH-LHR-RUH) and checking in with a different passport on the return trip to that used on the outbound was no issue (and to re-enter Saudi I am able to use my current visa in my cancelled passport which also was no issue when I got to RUH).

Only quirk with new passport is that I used to have 2 but the second one expired and I didn't bother to renew it. However, HMPO would not give me a new passport without bringing both my current passport (which was full) and the 2nd expired one. So don't throw away or misplace your 2nd passport if you have one as you will need it later on even if it has expired.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:08 am

Problems for me too. Tried changing on website but didn't work so tried the App. Allowed me to change ppt number on a booking. I went to check whether it had updated properly but one of the security checks is asking for ppt number. Not sure whether to try current or expired (i.e. the one I used for the booking) so tried both and now i can't access it all. Not helped by having to go to Icognito mode as it wouldn't let me login on normal Chrome due to Cookies issue so tried on App and no further forward.

The App has been particularly poor for the last few weeks but this latest annoyance has really irked me as I've wasted a good 20 minutes pfaffing around doing something which should be straightforward. Rather than call BA now to get them to change it I'll wait until there's more chance of being my usual polite self!
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:38 am

Work around

The only way of avoiding this as far as I can tell is to change the API on each booking to suit the ppt for want to use.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I had this issue for the first time ever and I used to switch between my Canadian and UK passports mid trip with no problem all the time. I normally start with the Canadian passport and switch to the UK one if it makes things easier. As my Canadian passport has less than a year to go and I was flying into the Schengen zone I figured I’d change it to the UK. Ba’s site would not do it and after a second very weird error I decided to leave well enough alone. When I had to contact the Gold line to rebook cancelled flights this week the agent said my passport number was scrolling like 50 times on her screen. She had to put me on hold while she got help to clear it up as she said it was the first time she had ever seen anything like it. I think in future I’ll phone BA to change my API info until this bug is cleared up. The change I attempted was done on the website before I started the trip not on the app.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Never mind changing my passport details, I am unable to update any personal details.
Used the webpage (incognito), different browsers, Sri Lanka site and met with message that there was an error.
Tried the app, same thing.
It is just one of those annoying irritants which I believe prevented me from online check in yesterday.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:03 am

The Words Favourite bunch of muppets........

The only way I found to update passport details is to ring BA (in Bangladesh I suspect, select 'amend booking') and get them to change the details. If you get lucky you might find someone who speaks english but not as we know it. Changing the profile in Ex Club doesn't update the booking so it still swears at you if you attempt it, and locks you out after 6 futile attempts. Find a sensible airline for future trips if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.