Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wear a sports jacket

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Here is a chap in Morning Dress, it's a little OTT for a BA but I am happy to give it a whirl
Here is a Woman in Mourning Dress, it’s a little OTT for BA and I’m not happy to give it a whirl.

https://time.com/3514366/death-becom...ning-clothing/
Old May 25, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Yes, but Darling what do you wear in Club? Baby Blue DMs. I bought my husband some underwear that colour and he refused to wear them. Old Fuddy-Duddy.
Don't dress any different in 1A or 12D
For me it's comfort first
Old May 25, 2022, 3:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Don't dress any different in 1A or 12D
For me it's comfort first
Yes yes we know that but surely no one would wear the same colours? Not someone with such snazzy taste in footwear.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Yes yes we know that but surely no one would wear the same colours? Not someone with such snazzy taste in footwear.
😂

Maybe I should get a more colorful pair, other than the old black and red pairs I have

They are over 20 years old after all
Old May 25, 2022, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I think your idea of morning dress is different from an Englishman......where would you store the top hat?
Not only that, where would one leave one's penny-farthing? T5 long stay, or near those new fangled pod machines?
Old May 25, 2022, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I usually travel wearing casual trousers, shirt and light fleece. Depending on the cabin temperature I can wear or discard the fleece and it is soft and comfortable. However, where to keep all the things you need is a problem so I have a small shoulder bag where everything gets jumbled up and temporarily lost when I need it.

On my last F flight I wore a sports jacket as I needed one at my destination but my suitcase was completely rammed! It was great. It has sufficient nice pockets for passport, boarding pass, phone, glasses, note book, pen and wallet and you can get to exactly what you need quickly and easily. I think I am going to wear a jacket more often.

Do any FTers have experience of wearing morning dress on flights. It will have the pockets and I wonder if there are uses for the top hat that to date have eluded me?
After seeing so many overweight middle-aged guys wearing tight and short gym clothes on recent flights (all in first class), this post is a breath of fresh air. A sports jacket is classy.

But no, to the question, I have a suitcase that fits under the seat in front of me and has a lot of zippers and pockets all over it and works great for travel.

Last edited by WeekendTraveler; May 25, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Old May 25, 2022, 5:12 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
😂

They are over 20 years old after all
Aren’t we all pet? Would you like me to come and help you choose?
matinicus rock and Fatdickie like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:23 pm

Speaking to a friend who last flew in First said that he wore combat shorts t-shirt and trainers. The smartest was business-casual - tan chinos, blue buttoned shirt, oxford shoes and a classic British navy blazer. This was only because he was returning from a business trip. He didn’t feel it necessary to get dressed up for the cabin at all.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dearest Oxon Flyer I suspect that this bagatelle costs more than most people play for flights, my lifetime supply of Gin, Champagne, and Hairbrushes, and HIDDY ’ entire Pondarosa ranch on the Pampas
I spent the day out in the estancia yesterday....they're not called ranches here my dear. I can't say I was wearing my tweed jacket but I always carry my shooting stick as I do like to take a seat while smoking my pipe. That's Oscito and Tiki totally ignoring me as usual.

Old May 25, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sports jackets are a very practical and elegant solution. Especially if you're flying in premium cabins and you can then get the stewardess to hang it for you.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: AA PLT
Not this year, but I once went straight from an all-night party at the Cannes Film Festival to the first BA Heathrow flight still in black tie. The tie itself was a bit lopsided, mind you. In retrospect, I must’ve looked and sounded like the Paul Whitehouse character Rowley Birkin QC.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
As it is now combat-trouser season for me (summer, rather than jeans season in winter) I have been reminded that the more pockets one has when flying the better. Either with trousers with pockets, or a jacket with them. I usually fly with a light jacket with plenty of pockets too, and keep it with me (wear it for takeoff and landing, put it somewhere around the seat area in-flight unless it's cold in the aircraft). This allows me to have all the travel essentials, and some non-essentials, about my person no matter how little stowage my seat has. As a bonus, should evacuation be needed, I will be the one going off with my passport, phone, and payment cards on my person and not wondering how to justify myself to hostile immigration officials (and hoteliers) when my documents are still in the aircraft.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Panama hat and linen suit please. I can't believe how far standards have slipped.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:25 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
The top hat is where you would conceal your rabbit - which could be pulled out of the hat at times of crisis. It would need to be quite a hard-working rabbit I feel.
....as being worn by Boris Johnson permanently in the last 2 years.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:36 am

For something with plenty of pockets, I'd suggest one of these: https://www.wish.com/product/6138686...hare=mobileweb
The bodyguards in Kuwait used to wear something similar so there's obviously space for a hand gun or
two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.