Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wear a sports jacket

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I assume the top hat is where you store your hot dogs before you steam them onboard.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I usually wear my light safari jacket from Brunello Cucinelli (https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/e.../grid2Template). It's great because it has a lot of pockets for wallet, boarding pass, passport etc.
Bit too Roger Moore for me...his was probably T&A
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Here is a chap in Morning Dress, it's a little OTT for a BA but I am happy to give it a whirl
Is that Elizabeth line purple, one is sporting ?
N1120A likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
A bit on the parallel/OT side, but there is a photo of my mum boarding a JAL 707 out of HNL in 1964. She's dressed to the nines and is carrying one of those huge hat boxes. I guess because she was going to wear some Ascot-level fascinator when she got off the plane in HND. Nothing says "I've arrived" better than looking like a million dollars after a 10 hour flight. I don't believe HND had jetbridges at the time so it'd be grand entrance.

Not even sure how the box fit on the overhead, those early jet-era overheads were rather skimpy, and weren't even enclosed. Probably fun during turbulence also.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:16 pm

I wear chinos, relatively smart trainers and some sort of shirt when flying Y. Or J. Or F. Or on the bus. Or to work. Or to the shops.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I usually wear my light safari jacket from Brunello Cucinelli (https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/e.../grid2Template). It's great because it has a lot of pockets for wallet, boarding pass, passport etc.
A bit ‘pret a porter’ but I suppose it would do if flying commercial…
Kgmm77 and xarantine like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Surely the only appropriate attire for those of us who avail ourselves of the lounge is the lounge suit?
Old May 25, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Wearing a jacket sounds nice and smart, but I run Far Too Hot for any of that, so
this little bag this little bag
does the trick when I need extra pockets.

Dark jeans and a Henley polo have been my go to in premium cabins for the past few years, or a BA t-shirt when in Y. Much more comfortable than when I was made to wear my school uniform shirt and tie when on staff travel 20+ years ago...
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:41 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by BAAMEXPP
I wear chinos, relatively smart trainers and some sort of shirt when flying Y. Or J. Or F. Or on the bus. Or to work. Or to the shops.
Yeah I wear the same pretty much regardless of what i’m doing if it’s in my own time. Jeans, Polo, Trainers. I’d never dress to impress anyone else, but always try to look presentable at least.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pickles
Not even sure how the box fit on the overhead, those early jet-era overheads were rather skimpy, and weren't even enclosed. Probably fun during turbulence also.
Weren't they called "hat racks" then?

I may even have heard a vague rumour that there are some BA cabin crew who still refer to the overhead bins as "hat racks".
Old May 25, 2022, 2:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Oooops. You’ve left the price tag on.
Also just paid £7000 for some flights! And £2000 on food at the hotel! He must be loaded!
HIDDY and matinicus rock like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JackDann
Yeah I wear the same pretty much regardless of what i’m doing if it’s in my own time. Jeans, Polo, Trainers. I’d never dress to impress anyone else, but always try to look presentable at least.
Yep - comfort is the main thing, whether in Y, J or F.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
9 times out of 10

Polo shirt
Light v neck sweater over shoulders
Jeans
Ox-Blood DMs
efincomputer likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:44 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Oooops. You’ve left the price tag on.
Dearest Oxon Flyer I suspect that this bagatelle costs more than most people play for flights, my lifetime supply of Gin, Champagne, and Hairbrushes, and HIDDY ’ entire Pondarosa ranch on the Pampas. I’m sure that you have several of different colours in your dressing room. I see you in pink, but then of course I see La Vie En Rose.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:47 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
9 times out of 10

Polo shirt
Light v neck sweater over shoulders
Jeans
Ox-Blood DMs
Yes, but Darling what do you wear in Club? Baby Blue DMs. I bought my husband some underwear that colour and he refused to wear them. Old Fuddy-Duddy.
Fatdickie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.