Wiki Posts
Search

TUI booked PNR to MBJ

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
TUI booked PNR to MBJ

A booking has been made to Jamaica via TUI. Initially it has been booked Economy both ways. We now discover how reasonable the difference is to come back in WT+.
Have contacted TUI to upgrade the return leg, who have referred to BA. Have contacted BA who have referred to TUI!!!
Has anybody else had this experience and how do you resolve it?

Thanks.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Just to confirm

The holiday ( or flight only?) Was booked via tui but the flights are BA flights?

If that is the case then I think you will have to deal with tui for this as it is a ta booking

on the day of departure you could pay ba directly at the airport if upgrades are available
BA may be able to do it at t-24hrs or so
Regards
TBS

Regards
m8_rotate likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
My view is that your contract is with TUI and they should resolve the issue for you.

As I understand it, BA won't touch Travel Agent bookings until they (BA) take control of them (T-24 or T-48 I think ?).
Old May 23, 2022, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In terms of doing a change if you think the fare difference is small, then yes you need to deal with your travel agent, so TUI, to do that change.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
This is one of the downsides of dealing with a travel agent that is not used to such maneuvers.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Definitely TUI's responsibility.

TUI have 2 Call Centre's, HUACA if you get the one in South Africa, try to get through to the team in South Wales.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BLHD
Definitely TUI's responsibility.

TUI have 2 Call Centre's, HUACA if you get the one in South Africa, try to get through to the team in South Wales.
Are you sure? From BA.com:

Bookings made through your travel agent can now be upgraded on ba.com or through your local Executive Club service centre. The flights you would like to upgrade must be booked and ticketed in eligible booking classes, however Bulk Tour (BT) and Inclusive Tour (IT) fare types are not eligible.

So if it isn't BT or IT fare, BA ought to be able to manage the upgrade I think?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser

Bookings made through your travel agent can now be upgraded on ba.com or through your local Executive Club service centre. The flights you would like to upgrade must be booked and ticketed in eligible booking classes, however Bulk Tour (BT) and Inclusive Tour (IT) fare types are not eligible.

So if it isn't BT or IT fare, BA ought to be able to manage the upgrade I think?
is this an upgrade? I don’t see that you would be offered a POUG on MMB, and I don’t think this is a UuA or a GUF is being applied?

my understanding is this is a fare change where the WTP fare is not much more than the OP paid, so they want to pay the fare difference to upgrade. That would be something done by the TA since it is just a change.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
is this an upgrade? I don’t see that you would be offered a POUG on MMB, and I don’t think this is a UuA or a GUF is being applied?

my understanding is this is a fare change where the WTP fare is not much more than the OP paid, so they want to pay the fare difference to upgrade. That would be something done by the TA since it is just a change.
To me, and I suspect to most people, that really just seems like semantics - the OP wants to go from WT to WTP which can reasonably be called an 'upgrade' and so according to
BA, should be within their remit to arrange...
Old May 23, 2022, 12:44 pm

This is using Avios isn't it ? This is a ticket change not an upgrade
Old May 23, 2022, 1:11 pm

To me, and I suspect to most people, that really just seems like semantics - the OP wants to go from WT to WTP which can reasonably be called an 'upgrade' and so according to
BA, should be within their remit to arrange...
But it isn't semantics. This is a booking change - in the same way if the OP wanted to change to flights on a different day. This is not an upgrade in the way you are referring to. I am afraid this is with a TA to do on a TA booking, not BA.
stewardo likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg901
This is using Avios isn't it ? This is a ticket change not an upgrade
I didn't see it as UuA - although if it was a UuA then yes it would be something done with BA and not a TA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.