Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to Upload Covid Vax - Flight to Germany Tomorrow

Unable to Upload Covid Vax - Flight to Germany Tomorrow

Old May 23, 22, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by BOH View Post
Very odd because I have been refused a BP to fly to DUS on the basis no Covid vax certificate was uploaded.
Be interested to know what response if any you get (or have had) at the check in desk about this. I am equally unable to upload VAX cert for a trip later this week - I got as far as entering my personal details and it went straight to a 'thanks, we are verifying your documents' page without giving me the option to actually upload anything.
Old May 23, 22, 7:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
Be interested to know what response if any you get (or have had) at the check in desk about this. I am equally unable to upload VAX cert for a trip later this week - I got as far as entering my personal details and it went straight to a 'thanks, we are verifying your documents' page without giving me the option to actually upload anything.
Did you do this via MMB / whist signed in or via the direct link to Salesforce as provided above?
Old May 23, 22, 9:29 am

Via the direct link - from the reference in the other verify thread.
Old May 23, 22, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold EY Silver EK Silver
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper View Post
I've never had any problems - its always added perfectly. On this occasion it didn't work, no error message. The process seems to work OK but the NHS vaccine certificate does not appear in the Apple Wallet. The wallet seems to be working OK as my boarding pass was added correctly. Odd. Maybe, its Apple's way of letting me know I need to change my 'phone!

Doc Copper
Go right down to the bottom of your wallet and there's a bit called expired passes. My latest attempt of adding an up to date covid pass from the NHS app ended up in here. You can select the pass and add it back in to the main wallet bit. This feature didn't exist when the NHS app was made from memory so it looks like an update is required to the app.
DoctorCopper likes this.

Last edited by ceej123; May 23, 22 at 9:52 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 23, 22, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Via the direct link - from the reference in the other verify thread.
It's all very wierd. I've used this process over 20 times since January and while the response times have varied, and impact on OLCI, I've never had the missing file upload problem which has been reported by numerous different travellers. I did wonder if cookies on BA.com would be causing this, but a direct link should not do this since it's actually within Salesforce. Incognito perhaps? Or perhaps nothing to do with cookies.
Old May 23, 22, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ceej123 View Post
Go right down to the bottom of your wallet and there's a bit called expired passes. My latest attempt of adding an up to date covid pass from the NHS app ended up in here. You can select the pass and add it back in to the main wallet bit. This feature didn't exist when the NHS app was made from memory so it looks like an update is required to the app.
That does remind one time when I had a bit of an issue. My NHS Covid pass had expired (the QR was no longer valid) so the pass automatically went to the expired section. I could only add a new NHS pass after I had deleted the expired pass.
Old May 23, 22, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It's all very wierd. I've used this process over 20 times since January and while the response times have varied, and impact on OLCI, I've never had the missing file upload problem which has been reported by numerous different travellers. I did wonder if cookies on BA.com would be causing this, but a direct link should not do this since it's actually within Salesforce. Incognito perhaps? Or perhaps nothing to do with cookies.
Ha - just logged in to MMB (offline, as there are no bookings displayed when logged in&#128580 and there is a new message under the documents required, updated today - so I guess the problem has gone away:
Travellers are not required to present proof of vaccination to enter Belgium.
Source
For full details and exemptions, see
Belgian Government
Updated onMay 23, 2022
Old May 23, 22, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH View Post
Very odd because I have been refused a BP to fly to DUS on the basis no Covid vax certificate was uploaded.
I take it you flew?
Old May 24, 22, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ceej123 View Post
Thank you!

I had looked in Expired Passes; there are 377 of them. The list is in reverse date order, i.e. oldest at the top. I have now scrolled to the end - it takes some time - lurking at the end is my current NHS Covid Pass. It is now put back into the wallet in its proper place!

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; May 24, 22 at 1:49 am
Old May 24, 22, 3:24 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
At the check-in I just got, "we are experiencing some IT problems today" to which my response was, "but it was yesterday the upload, didn't work, not today". The agent looked at my Vax proof on my phone, pressed some magic button and out came my BP.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 3:25 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I take it you flew?
Yes, see post above
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 25, 22, 5:57 am

And to round off my case, I had the unable to upload anything, but they said they were verifying my (non-existent) documents. Then they said they were unable to verify them (not surprising).

Then we got the email which said 'Before your trip, you must provide COVID-19 documentation before you travel' But nowhere in MMB to do that.

Just checked in and got the mobile BP and an email copy - which says in large print 'We have checked your travel documents which are all in order' - which they clearly haven't as we haven't sent them any!

Edit: And to round it off further we have just cancelled/vouchered it as my dad has gone into hospital! It is a bit disconcerting that you don't get any sort of cancellation acknowledgement but I can see on EF that the seats have been freed up so al least the message must have got through.

Last edited by vintagepilot; May 25, 22 at 10:10 am

Search this Thread