Help: BA0638 - 21/05/22 - 0640

Old May 21, 2022, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Help: BA0638 - 21/05/22 - 0640

I was due to fly on the 0640 this morning to Athens from LHR. My flight was cancelled at short notice (an hour prior to departure) does anyone have an insight as to what caused this, there were no other cancellations at LHR this morning.

BA have moved me to the 0740 departure with no issue. However, my travelling partner unfortunately had the choice of an evening departure at 20:20 or rebooking onto a non-BA flight. Hes flying with Aegean later today.

I assume accepting rebooking (but over a 4 hour delay) onto a non-BA carrier - he is still entitled to UK/EU 261 compensation of 400/340? And will he gain / be able to claim back lost Avios/TPs?

I do get to fly on my first 787 since Covid started though! 787-9 for my 0740 flight instead of an A320!
Old May 21, 2022, 12:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The reason code showing on expertflyer is CCRY which suggests an issue with crew, and Y would indicate yes for EC261 compensation.

Original routing credit should be possible too https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-guide-20.html
Old May 21, 2022, 1:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Jeedos
I do get to fly on my first 787 since Covid started though! 787-9 for my 0740 flight instead of an A320!
That's a great result for you.... not so much for your friend!
Old May 21, 2022, 1:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jeedos
I assume accepting rebooking (but over a 4 hour delay) onto a non-BA carrier - he is still entitled to UK/EU 261 compensation of 400/340?
Yes, that appears to be in scope, see the main EC261 thread for details. What matters here is the actual arrival time, regardless of carrier, and the scheduled original arrival time.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that appears to be in scope, see the main EC261 thread for details. What matters here is the actual arrival time, regardless of carrier, and the scheduled original arrival time.
Yeah, he got confirmation yesterday (which is impressively quick!) from BA Customer Services that he will recieve the 340/400 EUR compensation as per EU/UK261, his compensation is more than the amount he paid for in Euro Traveller and all the spends incurred during our trip to Athens!

Emotionally/physically exhausting (as we had to be up at 4am) - but financially quids in!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.