Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First class SIN-LHR ran out of amenity bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class SIN-LHR ran out of amenity bags

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Most of the top end flyers bring their own higher quality stuff.
Its normally the first timers or once a year F brigade who get excited by that stuff. They've generally booked in Sales so have only paid a couple of thousand each. Most people in Club will have paid more than them.
I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. Without being sarcastic do they bring their own food and bedding too?
gypsyjaney likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
I mean pre-pandemic there was no LPGS from HND-LHR on one flight in F I was on because "it had all been consumed on the outbound sector" so.... nothing surprises me
Old May 23, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by libertyuk
I mean pre-pandemic there was no LPGS from HND-LHR on one flight in F I was on because "it had all been consumed on the outbound sector" so.... nothing surprises me
I had that back from NRT too.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by libertyuk
Originally Posted by S_W_S
I had that back from NRT too.
So flights to Japan are particularly guzzling when it comes to LPGS? Or simply a case of BA not loading enough / underestimating consumption levels?
Old May 24, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Its normally the first timers or once a year F brigade who get excited by that stuff. They've generally booked in Sales so have only paid a couple of thousand each. Most people in Club will have paid more than them.
You are so wide of the mark in relation to this thread, you are in the next hemisphere. It doesn't matter whether something is needed or expected. It matters that BA make a commitment to provide some goods or service and are failing to do so. To most flyers who are not you, that is unacceptable, even in the back. As many have said upthread, First tickets are a huge investment to most, and finding that BA not only have less than exacting service delivery but are wilfully blasé about it, will disappoint most passengers who travel First and astound those who only dream about it.

So if BA are prepared to be blasé about service delivery in First, passengers start to ask what else in the business are they blasé about? Eventually, and despite all the protestations from the BA love in brigade on here, maintenance will come to mind. We already see a wilful disregard to broken seating and entertainment. Many short haul aircraft have yellow "inop" stickers over some instrument or other. So what else is not being done, whether through cost cutting, incompetence, apathy or "the right screws were in another store room". This whole sorry situation is a basic lack of leadership as is evident by the absolute lack of communication from the CEO regarding all of these issues. While absent on the outside, Sean Doyle may be saying all the right things internally, but actions speak louder than words.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by ermis177
I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. Without being sarcastic do they bring their own food and bedding too?
Many wont touch the food so will have eaten before they travel. David Beckham does love the scarmbled egg on Toast though. The Mrs not so much.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
You are so wide of the mark in relation to this thread, you are in the next hemisphere. It doesn't matter whether something is needed or expected. It matters that BA make a commitment to provide some goods or service and are failing to do so. To most flyers who are not you, that is unacceptable, even in the back. As many have said upthread, First tickets are a huge investment to most, and finding that BA not only have less than exacting service delivery but are wilfully blasé about it, will disappoint most passengers who travel First and astound those who only dream about it.

The new F cabin will be very profitable with or without washbags because of the fact you only have to share space with 7 other people. It may actually make it to BAs second most profitable cabin as a result of the new config changes, but time will tell.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
My bolding, so are you a 'top end flyer'? why not private?
The famous top end flyers face pressure these days not to fly private due to Greta and her friends. They'll happily rock up at LAX at T-65, board at the very last minute. Sit down last and you dont hear a peep out of them until the doors are open at the other end.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
perhaps you should widen your horizon beyond the BA (“enchanced business class” aka “BA First”) experience, go fly with EK or QR F for a bit and then come back to this thread…constantly making excuses for BA’s cheapness / lack of ability to get the basics right in F is just sad….

so yes, why don’t we get rid of amenity kits, pajamas, any sort of on board meals, catering etc and just provide what is already a below par F hard product as the only thing you will get in BA F, and yes any interaction with Cabin Crew will be non-existent as our beloved “most of the top end” flyers as you said would rather be left alone in their own sad lonely seats without a pillow (as they’d rather bring their own goose down and silk pajamas right??)
Old May 30, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
The famous top end flyers face pressure these days not to fly private due to Greta and her friends. They'll happily rock up at LAX at T-65, board at the very last minute. Sit down last and you dont hear a peep out of them until the doors are open at the other end.
I’ve flown private and the service on my first F was better. The only reason I was on the private flights was because someone else was taking the plane and offered me a ride. The best thing about the private flights was the timings, just turn up and go.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:22 pm

Well we came back from Cape Town Club Class and they didn’t have an amenity kits, said they weren’t loaded and didn’t seem that bothered. Come on BA. You are running yourself into the ground,
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
out of interest, how many F segments have you had in 2022?
Old May 30, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
It's not just BA who has amenity issues, on our last flight in QR first (an irrop upgrade) the Diptyque amenities were delivered in a box, but on another leg of the trip the business class amenities were in a nice bag. There was no shortage of pyjamas in either class though. We'll be moderately upset if there are no amenity bags on our upcoming flight on BA first but we'll cope with the disappointment as long as there's no lpgs shortage!
A P Yu likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
perhaps you should widen your horizon beyond the BA (“enchanced business class” aka “BA First”) experience, go fly with EK or QR F for a bit and then come back to this thread…constantly making excuses for BA’s cheapness / lack of ability to get the basics right in F is just sad….

so yes, why don’t we get rid of amenity kits, pajamas, any sort of on board meals, catering etc and just provide what is already a below par F hard product as the only thing you will get in BA F, and yes any interaction with Cabin Crew will be non-existent as our beloved “most of the top end” flyers as you said would rather be left alone in their own sad lonely seats without a pillow (as they’d rather bring their own goose down and silk pajamas right??)
You give the impression that you do not fly BA First and instead rely on the (sometimes) subjective views posted on here by those who also do not fly BA First. Yes BA has its faults and lapses (as does QR in my experience) but what you imply is that this the norm where in my experience it is actually the exception. It’s not the best First out there, but neither is it as bad as some here would want us to believe.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You give the impression that you do not fly BA First and instead rely on the (sometimes) subjective views posted on here by those who also do not fly BA First. Yes BA has its faults and lapses (as does QR in my experience) but what you imply is that this the norm where in my experience it is actually the exception. It’s not the best First out there, but neither is it as bad as some here would want us to believe.
and here we go again with the BA cheerleading squad…on what grounds do you assume I don’t fly BA F?

you can continue to spend your money on the “world’s best business class” but I’d rather take my cash elsewhere am guaranteed without any sort of penny pinching or cheapness in F

have a good day
Singapore_Air and DYKWIA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.