Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First class SIN-LHR ran out of amenity bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class SIN-LHR ran out of amenity bags

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Update.
Any crew member can request wash bags to be sent out to customers who did not receive one under First Customer Resolution.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Exsilver
I tried doing that on line but for some reason it won’t accept my ticket number. It’s the thought of trying to call that puts me off.
I'm not sure ORC can be done online, a phone call (yes, I know!) is the quickest and easiest way to do those. If you are making a claim for other expenses or compensation then feel free to include it in the narrative there. That may work, but likely to be overlooked because of the teams involved.
Exsilver likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I think the current women’s amenity bag looks better than the rather drab men’s one.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazy8534
I think the current women’s amenity bag looks better than the rather drab men’s one.
I guess that depends on how flamboyant you are? 😂
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by crazy8534
They always have since the move to Temperley imo.
Jimmie76 and crazy8534 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by S_W_S
They always have since the move to Temperley imo.
I’ll second that.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fliegwech
When purchasing a first class ticket I'm not aware that it is a contractual requirement to receive an amenity kit. BTW: I have about 35 CW kits at home. For 100 GBP each I'm happy to sell.
Maybe not contractual but certainly advertised as per BA website:
  • Exceptional, elegant British service
  • Your own private, spacious suite
  • A fully flat bed with a foam and microfibre mattress topper and 400 thread count bedding
  • Delicious, indulgent fine dining with exclusively designed crockery, cutlery and glassware from the finest British designers, William Edwards, Studio William and Dartington
  • Exclusively designed Temperley London loungewear, amenity bag and slippers
  • Seven-piece luxury skin and body care collection from Elemis
  • Access to luxurious lounges
  • Exclusive and dedicated service
  • Priority boarding, straight from an exclusive First lounge
Exsilver and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Interesting that slippers are mentioned on there, I had to ask for them last week - they weren't proactively offered.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:07 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I flew back from BOS a week or so ago, and was offered the mens slippers, pyjamas, and washbag.

I declined and asked for the womens ones as I give them to the kids (giving a toddler something with a zip and things to open inside, is a fab game!).

I ended up with 2 sets of womens pyjamas, slippers & washbags, and one set of the mens pyjamas and washbag - very kind of the staff.

Crew were faultless throughout.

M
Can I help you and xarantine like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
A wash bag does not feature when I am deciding whether to purchase a flight in First.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Rubecula
A wash bag does not feature when I am deciding whether to purchase a flight in First.
Well, I suppose the food, water, alcohol and so on don't feature - but I bet you'd be annoyed if none of those were available. I imagine you choose based on route and then carrier, given that First Class is not like Business Class and only available (on any carrier) on certain routes.

It's a little like the comment in another thread about a broken and non-functional Club Suite seat where the hapless passenger paid £450 for the upgrade at the airport and someone thought that a chargeback was not appropriate because the airline had flown her from A to B.
SK, AmaaiZeg, truncated and 1 others like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by GrannyWeatherwax
Well, I suppose the food, water, alcohol and so on don't feature - but I bet you'd be annoyed if none of those were available. I imagine you choose based on route and then carrier, given that First Class is not like Business Class and only available (on any carrier) on certain routes.

It's a little like the comment in another thread about a broken and non-functional Club Suite seat where the hapless passenger paid £450 for the upgrade at the airport and someone thought that a chargeback was not appropriate because the airline had flown her from A to B.
My comment is nothing like what I have highlighted in bold.
Old May 21, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
BA has always had problems with loading wash bags and sleeper suits on this route as there has to be enough round tripped from LHR for 4 full sectors. I expect that either the crew didn’t know where to find them as in BAs wisdom they could have been loaded in any galley...
Seriously? Aren't there "designated" places where amenity kits are kept before distribution to passengers?
Old May 21, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Rubecula
It does for some people. For example, those who fly around collecting Rimowas, why not Laliques and Temperlys?
Old May 21, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Seriously? Aren't there "designated" places where amenity kits are kept before distribution to passengers?
BA have a habit of putting things in different places depending on the route, if you are not thorough you can easily missing things that are double banked in the rear galley for customers in First, crew working in WT assume you know it’s there and don’t feel the need to share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.