Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on leaving a carry on at LHR during the day?

Old May 20, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold

I am trying to figure out the best solution for a flight next week. I am flying ATL-LHR (and like 11 hours later) - LHR-DXB - in case it matters - both flights in F. I need to get into the city for an hour and would prefer to not drag my carry on around.

Obviously, I would prefer not to check it at all so I have no delay in DXB - but assuming I wanted to - would the The First Wing Check in allow checking a bag at noon for a 22pm flight?

I can stick some clothes into the laptop bag and check the thing in ATL already and just solve it that way.

Any better ideas?
Old May 20, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by flying_geek
I am trying to figure out the best solution for a flight next week. I am flying ATL-LHR (and like 11 hours later) - LHR-DXB - in case it matters - both flights in F. I need to get into the city for an hour and would prefer to not drag my carry on around.

Obviously, I would prefer not to check it at all so I have no delay in DXB - but assuming I wanted to - would the The First Wing Check in allow checking a bag at noon for a 22pm flight?

I can stick some clothes into the laptop bag and check the thing in ATL already and just solve it that way.

Any better ideas?
hi

How about left luggage at t5 for a small charge?
deposit it landside after customs go to the city then pick it up on returning to t5

First wing would allowed checkin at anytime from 0500 day of departure

Regards

Tbs
Old May 20, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Yes you can check it in at any time during your connection. The other option is to leave it with Left Luggage for the day (ground floor at the right hand end as you stand facing the glass wall), £7.50 for up to 3hrs, £15 for up to 24hrs.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes you can check it in at any time during your connection. The other option is to leave it with Left Luggage for the day (ground floor at the right hand end as you stand facing the glass wall), £7.50 for up to 3hrs, £15 for up to 24hrs.
Awesome, thanks
Old May 20, 2022, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wouldn't check anything unless I absolutely had to! Yes, left luggage downstairs is efficient, and handy for when you arrive. Drop, shoot in to London, collect later and through the First Wing
Markie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.