Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 First Wing

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 9:44 am
Original Poster

T5 First Wing

Can anyone advise please? How long before my flight departs am I allowed to go airside via First Wing security at T5? I want to guest in the First lounge my friend whose BA flight departs a couple of hours before mine so it would mean me being allowed airside at least four hours before my departure. I know the lounge has no limit for the day but I imagine that’s designed mainly for people in transit. Can I actually spend a few hours there if I need to after coming airside. I check in online anyway and rarely bag drop so check in limitations don’t matter to me usually.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Dorowilson
Can anyone advise please? How long before my flight departs am I allowed to go airside via First Wing security at T5? I want to guest in the First lounge my friend whose BA flight departs a couple of hours before mine so it would mean me being allowed airside at least four hours before my departure. I know the lounge has no limit for the day but I imagine that’s designed mainly for people in transit. Can I actually spend a few hours there if I need to after coming airside. I check in online anyway and rarely bag drop so check in limitations don’t matter to me usually.
No problem at all, you can go in as soon as security opens
Old May 17, 2022, 9:46 am

In theory you can check-in at 5am on the day of departure (that's when T5 opens) and stay as long as you wish. There's no published "time limit" per se and you'll be permitted airside also. Shouldn't be a problem at all.
Dorowilson likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I imagine you can go airside as early as you like on the day of departure. Even people checking in luggage can do so as early as they wish at T5 unlike many out stations. You should have no problem with your plan.
Dorowilson likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No problem at all, you can go in as soon as security opens
Thanks - useful to know!
Old May 18, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Dorowilson
Thanks - useful to know!
I have an early meeting in London next week before a 2145 flight to DXB and need to get work done, so I might camp out there from 2pm next week (w/ some champagne of course)
Dorowilson likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I think the longest I have spent in there was five hours. I had already had a decadent lunch so I passed the time with work, lots of coffee and nursing a very large bowl of salad (I do miss the salad buffet).
Dorowilson likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As noted from 5am... unless there was a large scale situation (IT meltdown, weather situation...) then access to the terminal can be restricted to 3hrs. However this is rare!
Dorowilson likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I think the longest I have spent in there was five hours. I had already had a decadent lunch so I passed the time with work, lots of coffee and nursing a very large bowl of salad (I do miss the salad buffet).
The salad buffet is back! It's in the self-service food area at the start of the dining area in GF. When I was in there the other week they also had some hot chicken wings and pies in that area, along with the salads and bread.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by volar
The salad buffet is back! It's in the self-service food area at the start of the dining area in GF. When I was in there the other week they also had some hot chicken wings and pies in that area, along with the salads and bread.
the salad buffet is materially better too. 👏

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.