LHR Gold Wing & Guesting

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
LHR Gold Wing & Guesting

Morning all,

Question about LHR Gold Wing & guesting please:
I'm travelling with BA tomorrow, my uncle is travelling with American at the same time. Can I guest him through the gold wing where he can check in with American (unsure of his class of travel) and we can both visit the GF lounge together

Or if he can not use the Gold Wing with me, can I still guest him into the GF lounge from the other side?

TIA!
Old May 16, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, you can guest him through the First Wing - as long as his flight is departing from T5! (My last AA flight was from T3 last month).
TPRun likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by TPRun
Morning all,

Question about LHR Gold Wing & guesting please:
I'm travelling with BA tomorrow, my uncle is travelling with American at the same time. Can I guest him through the gold wing where he can check in with American (unsure of his class of travel) and we can both visit the GF lounge together

Or if he can not use the Gold Wing with me, can I still guest him into the GF lounge from the other side?

TIA!
as you are on BA and he is on AA I am not sure if he can check in at the AA desks in the First Wing,. For sure you can guest him through security there and into the first lounge after check in
TPRun likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA,AA
Slightly different question. I will be travelling first (BA) and my uncle is on the same flight (BA) but in economy. I assume we will both be able to check in together at The First wing - but what about first wing security before proceeding to CCR?
TPRun likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Yes, you can guest him through the First Wing - as long as his flight is departing from T5! (My last AA flight was from T3 last month).
Good point - I did double check. He is flying to Miami which I read is T5 (but I'll ask him to double check his ticket!)

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
as you are on BA and he is on AA I am not sure if he can check in at the AA desks in the First Wing,. For sure you can guest him through security there and into the first lounge after check in
Ah OK so perhaps he checks in his bags through the AA desks outside and then we go through security and straight into the lounge once he's checked in outside (i'm HBO on BA anyway)
Old May 16, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by seanmac
Slightly different question. I will be travelling first (BA) and my uncle is on the same flight (BA) but in economy. I assume we will both be able to check in together at The First wing - but what about first wing security before proceeding to CCR?
Both of you can go through first wing security and then CCR as you travelling in first you can guest one person to the First lounge and to the CCR room as well. (Just to make it clear the guest have to be the same)
Old May 16, 2022, 2:52 pm

Another question on a similar theme!

I am coming in to T5 in F from JFK. I have a same day flight to MUC in J on a different ticket. My Mum is meeting me at LHR and flying to MUC with me (she's not flying the JFK leg and is originating in London).

If I pick up my bags can I meet her landside and then transit through the F wing with her, and then use the CCR? I am silver so can't use the first wing unless in F normally.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2022, 3:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Weste
Another question on a similar theme!

I am coming in to T5 in F from JFK. I have a same day flight to MUC in J on a different ticket. My Mum is meeting me at LHR and flying to MUC with me (she's not flying the JFK leg and is originating in London).

If I pick up my bags can I meet her landside and then transit through the F wing with her, and then use the CCR? I am silver so can't use the first wing unless in F normally.

Thanks!
yes you can go through immigration when you arrive, and meet your mum landside. when coming back airside you can use the F wing, and then go through to the CCR and you can guest your mum in for both. keep hold of your F inbound bp as you will need to show that along with your LHR-MUC bp,
Old May 16, 2022, 3:08 pm

Fab - thanks v much for the speedy reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.