Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
When the FA are off catering the cabin simply walk to the galley and use the outlets that are there. Just close the curtains so other PAX do not ask for a hotdog. Any smell will be hidden because of the catering. If the galley is too busy, the lav is a good second choice. Flip the baby changing table down and use the outlet for shavers. Again any smell will be hidden because well it is the lav.
And use the excuse when challenged that you are using the Club Kitchen as advertised......
toothy and lhrhappy like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stifle
This has to be a wind-up surely
Please tell me it's not taken you four pages to come to that conclusion? The OP is also listed as a GGLFL which was the first red flag for me. Surely any discerning GGLFL would be looking to cook steaks onboard not hot dogs.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stifle
This has to be a wind-up surely
Well, there are wind-up devices that might well provide enough current.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Are you travelling with an emotional support hot dog OP?
Old May 16, 2022, 10:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Work the problem to reach the solution…..

We know they have some power left in the LEM batteries, right?

We have an umbilical that provides power from the Command Module to the LEM. It's a backup for the LEM power supply.

So, reverse it. Reverse the flow and see if we can draw these four amps from the LEM batteries before we cut it loose. Why can't we do that?

You're gonna lose a lot in the transfer

Yeah, yeah. But all we're talking about here is four amps.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Prospero

We have an umbilical that provides power from the Command Module to the LEM. It's a backup for the LEM power supply.

So, reverse it. Reverse the flow and see if we can draw these four amps from the LEM batteries before we cut it loose. Why can't we do that?

Failure is NOT an option!

TBS
Old May 16, 2022, 10:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Prospero

"And you sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!"
Old May 16, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I reckon it is 21:45 hrs British "Summer" Time.
CWS, surely you could pull some strings and get his daily post limit upped - the wait is killing us.
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mguinness
CWS, surely you could pull some strings and get his daily post limit upped - the wait is killing us.
It really would be far easier for me to get someone upgraded from World Traveller to First to SYD than recode Flyertalk. I know my limitations, and we all know the virtue of patience. OK, perhaps some more than others. For all the waiting I feel we still haven't got to the root of this one, so maybe some more speculation is required.
wrp96, squawk, lhrhappy and 8 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:36 am

I feel like an all in one solution partially utilising a 300Wh portable power station may be the real answer here.

Get the electronics wizards on the case!
lhrhappy likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
All your amps are belong to us
Old May 16, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Two things spring to mind here...firstly the question should have been How "many" amps, and as someone else correctly pointed out, it is the actual total power in watts that is important...
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows. Dying to see what happens at 21.45 when OP rejoins!
lhrhappy and Cryofern like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows.

Scotty says that full thrust would be required.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91
Two things spring to mind here...firstly the question should have been How "many" amps, and as someone else correctly pointed out, it is the actual total power in watts that is important...
Also I wonder just how much power is required at peak times on a full A380 for example, including all the aircraft systems, galleys and entertainment systems. There must be an aircraft engineer who knows. Dying to see what happens at 21.45 when OP rejoins!
Originally Posted by mguinness

Scotty says that full thrust would be required.
The max output is 4 x ……..

Actually have no idea what demand all the Galleys have when all turning scrambled eggs and steak into stone and carbon, all whilst freezing the second service semi-half-well-maybe-a-quarter-sized-wrap.

But I don’t think it’s huge……..well that’s what she said anyway.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Are the sockets where the cleaners plug in their onboard vacuum cleaners ‘live’ in-flight?

Not sure what sort of plug/socket arrangement it is nor voltage/amperage etc, but if live they may provide 'interesting possibilities' for the OP.

If the cleaners also left the vacuum cleaner on board, the op could also clean up after his hot dog cookery demonstration!
Can’t believe I’m answering with a serious answer… but no, they’re not. IIRC they’re only live when connected to ground power. Potentially also that Boeings require US-design vacuum cleaners, not European, though I have no idea where that recollection comes from.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.