Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

How much Amps can I draw from the new clubworld seat?

Old May 18, 22, 2:12 am
  #151  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,294
And, it's quite an art to be able to do a wind up that has people thinking, "surely he/she is not serious?".
steveholt, ratechaser and dougzz like this.
DYKWIA is online now  
Old May 18, 22, 2:29 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 6,734
Originally Posted by mguinness View Post
If you have until June, maybe consider an ocean liner and/or train for this trip? They'll be far more accommodating to your needs and you shouldn't have any issues at security either.
That makes me think of that tv advert where someone on a train starts plugging in device after device.....
xenole is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 2:32 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Posts: 2,294
OP, if you ask nicely, the captain will let you run an industrial gauge power line straight from one of the engines, round the underside of the wing and through a secret hole from the gear well and into the cabin. That should solve all your needs, as long as I can park my pet elephant on your buddy seat as well - I promise he does not make any noise, so will be no inconvenience to you.

The "I am a gold member and not afraid to exercise this" comment almost made me shower my laptop in coffee... If "not afraid of doing this", I am afraid his/her best outcome will be marched off in handcuffs...!
abraxias and DiamondMile like this.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 2:54 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 74
Okay, I'll bite - If the actual requirement is to eat warm hotdogs on board, could the OP not simply bring an appropriately sized empty thermos through security?

This could then be filled with boiling water (And hotdogs, depending on if cooking time is an issue) by either any restaurant in terminal or potentially lounge attendant, or indeed perhaps on board the aircraft by the crew?

In goes the hotdogs to the hot water, screw the top on, 30 minutes later you have warm hotdogs, no? You'd be limited by thermal mass and the number of hotdogs you wanted to eat if filled in the terminal but, assuming that the crew are willing to refill you would essentially have no limit.

This removes the requirement to cook anything or have any warmer/warming device, and I am pretty sure you're allowed to ask for boiling water on an airplane.
nancypants likes this.
GabrielExea is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 3:28 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by GabrielExea View Post
Okay, I'll bite - If the actual requirement is to eat warm hotdogs on board, could the OP not simply bring an appropriately sized empty thermos through security?

This could then be filled with boiling water (And hotdogs, depending on if cooking time is an issue) by either any restaurant in terminal or potentially lounge attendant, or indeed perhaps on board the aircraft by the crew?

In goes the hotdogs to the hot water, screw the top on, 30 minutes later you have warm hotdogs, no? You'd be limited by thermal mass and the number of hotdogs you wanted to eat if filled in the terminal but, assuming that the crew are willing to refill you would essentially have no limit.

This removes the requirement to cook anything or have any warmer/warming device, and I am pretty sure you're allowed to ask for boiling water on an airplane.
Let's not give people ideas on how to cook foods on planes please... I'm imagining what happens when the boiled egg crew realise they can indulge on a plane...
SKT-DK, DragonSoul and mcgheeda like this.
ocprodigy is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 3:30 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by ocprodigy View Post
Let's not give people ideas on how to cook foods on planes please... I'm imagining what happens when the boiled egg crew realise they can indulge on a plane...
Surely better than the pickled egg crew...
GabrielExea is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 4:17 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Posts: 2,294
Originally Posted by GabrielExea View Post
Surely better than the pickled egg crew...
And not to forget, the Durian crew!
SKT-DK is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 4:24 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 553
Posted in error
DoctorCopper is online now  
Old May 18, 22, 5:04 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Halfway between BHD & BFS
Programs: DC, BAEC
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Jimmie76 View Post
I’m not a meat eater so have no idea as to how you cook them.
Don't rule yourself out Jimmie: after the rusk/fillers/colouring/unmentionables there's probably not much space left for actual meat in these frankfurters
Bmi-fan is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 5:32 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,488
Originally Posted by powershell View Post
ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!
The advantage of bringing an elephant onboard in this scenario is once it learns how to cook a hotdog onboard it will never forget how to do it again…
SKT-DK, wrp96, steveholt and 5 others like this.
Kgmm77 is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 6:41 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,148
Originally Posted by Kgmm77 View Post
The advantage of bringing an elephant onboard in this scenario is once it learns how to cook a hotdog onboard it will never forget how to do it again…
I thought BA had retired it’s Jumbos.

(I’ll get my coat…..)
SKT-DK, Kgmm77, bluemoon68 and 4 others like this.
PAL62V is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 8:06 am
  #162  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 978
Taking a cm off the allowed cabin baggage ( for internal dimension) gives you 58080cm3. You could fit 7398 AA batteries in this, and that would give you about 28kwh. Of course you'd need a DC to AC converter, and the weight of your bag might be a bit of a problem, but I'm sure that would work
muscat is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 8:19 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: LHR, LGW
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,945
I'll air this in hope of alerting in good honour...I certainly wouldn't want to sound alarmist or from a doomsday book but I fear we could easily be providing innocent ideas to an online public forum that bad actors could take advantage of.
rockflyertalk is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 8:34 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Programs: M&S Elite+
Posts: 2,942
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
I'll air this in hope of alerting in good honour...I certainly wouldn't want to sound alarmist or from a doomsday book but I fear we could easily be providing innocent ideas to an online public forum that bad actors could take advantage of.
Nothing that would not be picked up by the normal security procedures. Having 7,398 AA batteries in your carry-on is going to need a really good explanation.
DaveS is offline  
Old May 18, 22, 8:59 am
  #165  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 11,065
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper View Post
Posted in error
Are you referring to post number 1 in this thread?
golfmad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread